- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Teach Yourself (26 Feb. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 144410313X
- ISBN-13: 978-1444103137
- Product Dimensions: 13.3 x 1.9 x 19.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (30 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 290,184 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Patrick Moore's Astronomy: Teach Yourself Paperback – 26 Feb 2010
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"I only had a passing interest in astronomy before I read this book. Patrick makes the first few steps into the world of astronomy as painless as possible. I couldn't put the book down, I finished it the same day and have been over it a couple of times since...." (- Amazon.co.uk Customer Review)
Explore the night sky with Sir Patrick Moore and grasp the basics of this fascinating science.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Depending on your time constraints you can take the one or five minute introduction, which is a novel idea although I read the five minute intro in three minutes but lets not confuse things shall we !! Each chapter begins by optimistically telling you what you will learn, contained throughout are little "insight" boxes which are a fantastic source of interesting facts, you know the type of stuff to impress your friends with, even if you know little else! And helpfully provided at the end of each chapter is a bullet point revision page.
We get an adequate introduction to astronomy and the spinning sky followed by a brief history of skywatching. I enjoyed the chapter on telescopes which made me look at my own scope in a whole new light ..... mainly negative! Next we delve into space and have informative chapters on the sun, moon, planets and stars.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
very poor value for money cheaply printed inside and not very well explainedPublished 6 months ago by degsy
Really well written. Easy for people, who are not scienists. I love it and looking forward to find next one. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Agata
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy > Star Gazing
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace
- Books > Science & Nature > Experiments, Instruments & Measurements > Equipment & Techniques
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy