on 31 July 2014
I was extremely disappointed and insulted by this book. This author must think we readers are stupid if we believe this tale. An admitted drug user and alcohol abuser (who now says she is clean) who is trying to manipulate the truth and make money out of her story - and story is what I believe it is. She wants us to believe she was in the wrong place at the wrong time - not just once but several times. She put herself in those places with her behaviour and, if not actually 'guilty' she is certainly culpable. Her family have been amazing for her and how does she repay them? By taking more and more money off them and not being there when they needed her. Selfish!
on 7 August 2014
I got this book imagining it would be similar to that of other innocents that have been incarcerated abroad, it's actually the story of a silly selfish woman who abused drugs and alcohol in the extreme. Not particularly interesting or thought provoking, certainly not worth the money!
on 14 February 2014
Terry was just a wild teenager but went off the rails and fell in with a bad crowd. Has happened to many kids. The real heroine is Terry's mother Pat who has pulled her out of the mess.
on 20 July 2014
I enjoyed this book, I found it interesting to see what goes on abroad!
Very addictive once I started reading I wanted to know more.
Defo a 5 star rating!
on 6 July 2014
Fab book, read it whilst on holiday....if you have ever had addiction problems you will relate very well to Terry the author of this book and main character...fabulous courage and stamina...she didn't give in...someone to be respected, her downfall was so unfair...but she eventually conquers all ...Brilliant ...loved it!
on 25 November 2013
This was the most boring book I have ever read. I just didn't relate to the author at all and could not believe she was really that naïve!. I expected the book to tell the story of the authors time in a Spanish prison however, it is almost an after thought. Feel like I wasted part of my life reading this book.
on 30 October 2013
This book should be read by any young person who has spent or is planning to spend any time working abroad. The dream can so easily turn into a nightmare, as the author found out. Terry has not written this in a way as for readers to feel sorry for her, the opposite is true. She never denies that she enjoyed the party and rave lifestyle of the day. Drugs and partying was a way of life for her, as it was for many, She admits that while she was living and working in Tenerife drugs were in abundance , and she took them. and so ,combined with the twenty four hour party lifestlye of the Island not much else mattered.. but she made one big mistake, and that was putting her trust in someone, and that trust was going to cost her dearly. It would nearly destroy her ... I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story, It is well written and gripping. I admire how after all she went through and all she lost, she came through it all and is now helping others . HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!
on 26 April 2014
I gave up half way through this book I wish now I has read all of the previous comments before purchasing

I found the book to be slow and boring. I cannot believe that someone would have 2 prison sentences hanging over their head and be completely innocent,

The prison situation in Northern Ireland took away any compassion I may have regarding the drugs issue in Spain.

For me, total waste of money.
on 3 October 2013
What a great book from start to finish
Terry went from one disaster to another
I read many books but this was honestly outstanding
on 23 April 2013
Bad things can happen to anyone, you find yourself in a situation and you forget everything your parents taught you about keepng safe abroad. Its so easy to get dragged into a lifestyle you will later regret.

Read this book, its well written, frighteningly true and opens yours eyes to where circumstances can take you if you are naive and trust people who you think are your friends