Questions & Answers
WD My Passport 2TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
by Western Digital
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,350)
£99.99
Add to basket
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest First
Showing 1-6 of 6 questions
votes
Log into support WDC.com and enter your Serial Number and that will give you the expiry date of the warranty.
5 days ago by PeterH
votes
I can't say for certain, but it is a standard usb connection
5 days ago by MR A SYSON
votes
You need to go into WD Security and set up the password ( I use mine on a Mac as a backup and it never leaves the office so I never bother with this.) however if you do this "do not forget your password" EVER! As it will bring up a disclaimer stating if you do you will lose your data, there is no repeat No password retrieval available! So stick it in "Keeper" or somewhere safe just in case, I use "Keeper" for all my secure data, passwords, logins etc, inexpensive and very secure! Hope this helps. Regards
6 Jun 2014 by Scorpio
votes
Yes,this was the reason I bought mine.
19 Nov 2013 by H47
votes
I have the 1TB version. It comes formatted for Windows but my 2011 iMac recognised it immediately, offered to reformat it and did so within a minute. It's been purring away as a TimeMachine ever since with no problems at all...
9 Dec 2013 by NM
votes
I don't know for sure but either way it doesn't matter. The USB connection will be a 'bottleneck' - meaning that this limits the data speed - so the difference between 5400 rpm and 7200 rpm won't be noticeable in actual downloading/uploading speeds. For that reason the manufacturer probably went for 5400 rpm as it's cheaper to implement.
27 Jun 2014 by Tim Joris
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers