Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 March 2012
I was there, stood at the front, left of stage, dressed as a nun (Faithless, Sister Bliss, Salve Mea, God Is A DJ?) still half deafened from the night before. The DVD captures the evening perfectly. All around was love, the audience for the band, the band for their fans and noticeably the band for the music they had created over the years.

Maxi Jazz's voice sounds slightly tired but then he is getting on a bit. Some of the keyboards sound a bit clichéd but then Faithless were instrumental in inventing the clichés and they still bring shivers to my neck, upper arms and one or two other spots. The atmosphere, the sheer joy of being there is captured perfectly in this DVD filmed in the best venue they could possibly have chosen. Faithless and Brixton Academy have never looked or sounded better.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 17 May 2012
This is a great memento of the night! It does capture the feeling. There is a good mix of old and new tunes.
I'm not sure why it took a year to come out but I'm glad it's here. This is good value with both a CD and a DVD
on 22 April 2012
Faithless are the best live band on the planet - and this cd / dvd captures the performance perfectly.
Lovin it - do yourself a favour and buy it!
on 22 April 2012
Probably the best band of all time! I hope they do a reunion one day! I have been a fan since day one and have seen them many times and each time they left me speechless. They have got me through bad times and made good times even better. They are a band that don't just sing a song they take you there. Maxi is a lyrical genius and I always feel like I'm being taken on a journey with him. Sister bliss creates the beats and also creates a background for which to immerse yourself in. Rollo is the artist that brings it all together but is never seen. I have always felt that faithless are like a happy family and I have been adopted to them! I wish them well in everything they do and pray that one day I get chance to see them again! Thankyou for all the memories!!
on 25 December 2012
Live from Brixton and I was there. I met Maxi at the Autosport show in Birmingham a few years back and I asked him why Fatihless did not return to their Brixton home. "Can't fit enough of you in" he replied. Well a few years later and they were back for their farewell nights. For £8.99 you get 12 live tracks on the CD and and compilation of the last two nights gigs on the DVD. BARGAIN! This was one of the best gigs I've ever been to and its such a shame that Faithless have decided to call it a day. I discovered them late on in their career but the great rhythms and riffs Sister Bliss provides along with the soft rap of Maxi makes them one of my all time favourites. If you weren't lucky enough to be there - buy this. If like me you were, still buy this. Fabulous memories of a great band. Thank you Faithless. We come one!
on 21 April 2012
Hello

I love the music and there is not much more you can say about it. But I am greatly disappointed with the quality of the DVD. Not releasing the BluRay and leveraging its crisp image and sound possibilities is a negligence. This DVD video is pixelized and lacks clarity. The sound is also lacking. They should learn from The Prodigy guys who prepared their "World's on fire" in such a way that you get the impression you are really at the venue and part of the gig. With 1080 HD footage and DTS-HD audio their gig rocks. Shame that Faithless did not approach their last concert in the same manner.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 April 2012
After a tweet saying was going to be on MTVN during April 2012, and MTV making a hash of reporting the concert was going to be an 1 1/2 hour long and kept trimming it back I decided to buy CD/DVD. I was not disappointed. Saw them four years and remember the energy was so high. This clearly reflects on the DVD for Brixton. Love the tunes, love energy and loving the fact it is in 5.1 sound is amazing. its Brixton in my living room.
on 7 September 2012
No question about the music, the band are or were simply superb and seeing them, or rather feeling them, perform live. . . . Just Incredible!!
So, why this review? I was surprised to find the CD and DVD arrived without cellophane packaging (no big deal) but also both discs were very marked with fingerprints!!! How can that be if the item is sold as "new".... Apart from that though - a superb buy! Don't miss it!
on 17 January 2014
As someone who was not at the live show I found the Audio CD to be truly disappointing with only the last track coming close to what I've come to expect from Faithless. Maxi may have been there on stage but lacked the energy on the CD, perhaps it's in the editing and Feel Me was mistake without Neil Arthur on vocals. I'm clearly in the minority but I don't see this album as a fitting encore to a great band.
on 21 April 2012
The DVD is the full version of the last ever concert given by Faithless in April 2011. An essential souvenir for anyone who was ever a Faithless fan, it includes their most famous tracks. Faithless were always superb live and this concert was no exception. The CD contains only some of the tracks on the DVD. My only criticism is that it took a whole year after the concert for it to be released.