Customer Discussions > HAARP forum

Pass the word

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Apr 2008 19:04:17 BDT
CATS WALLER says:
I've spoken to a number of 'music' fans of all genres in the last couple of weeks, all of whom have never heard of Muse; let alone their music. I'm 57 and currently trying to convert my sons (26 and 30).

Its up to all us fans to keep campaigning! Can anyone state with confidence, which satellite music channel Muse appears on the most.

Being an anorak I love statistics and charts.

! watched a top 20 on Smash Hits recently, featuring best artist(e)s never to have had a no.1 single. Gwen Stefani was no 1., but it wasn't all bubblegum pop. Chart inc. R.E.M;R.H.C.Ps and Snow Patrol.

Not only was The Killers not in it; MUSE was number NOWHERE!

Wot a joke!

Then there was a recent top 20 of current hottest UK bands (on Q I think).
Kaiser Chiefs;Razorlight;Zutons;The View 'inter alia' BUT NO MUSE. Is there anyone working on these music channels who knows anything 'bout music?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2008 14:08:21 BDT
I can understand your point but I also like tha fact that Muse dont appear in the top 20 hottest/20 albums you need in your life lists...

Music channels nowadays are full of tripe (mostly) and I prefer Muse not to appear on these and somehow demean themselves by being sandwiched in between the latest Britney/Sugababes songs.

I like it that Muse is the fans secret (as much as you can have a secret) and people dont really see them on the radar, for me making them better than other "popular" bands.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2008 14:50:51 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Apr 2008 15:03:21 BDT
CATS WALLER says:
"J. Poste"

I can also understand your point--but!!

Sorry, I like certain acts from all genres (inc. Sugababes; but not the new Britney).
That aside, they have both had numerous no. 1s.

Do you really want to keep Muse a secret; without introducing ignorant (in its politest form) music fans to a Muse epithany?

That's the only way, I see, that Muse will achieve its deserved accolade of the best 'live musical act' ever.

I also agree that music channels today are full of (mostly) tripe--not to mention the constant commercial breaks and there's me thinking I've already paid my digital subs! More dosh for the fat-cats methinks!

Anyway, back to musical tripe.
Isn't that all the more reason to have more Muse live concerts and videos on the box?

Musical regards.

Posted on 10 Nov 2009 23:52:33 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 10 Nov 2009 23:53:20 GMT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  HAARP forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  1 Apr 2008
Latest post:  10 Nov 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
HAARP
HAARP by Muse (Audio CD - 2008)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (99)