on 2 May 2012
I received my first Parker Vector pen ten years ago and it has lasted throughout school and university, and now I am still using it in my professional life. I decided to order a second one from Amazon as one to keep in my bag and again, Parker make a fantastic pen! My ten year old pen is still working perfectly and I expect the new one to work for even longer. The pen itself is quite durable and is a beauty to write with. I would also recommend using the longer Parker Quink cartridges with this pen if you write a lot.
on 9 September 2011
Good everyday pen, parker quink cartriges are a decent size and can be picked up quite cheap off this site, if lost it will not cost a fortune to replace. It is a shame the nib is not Gold plated though.
on 19 October 2010
If you need a pen for you child at school that won't break every time they change the cartridge and twist it back together too tightly, this is the pen for you!
This pen is also the right weight for a child. The nib is strong and dosen't split like the cheaper varieties.
All in all a good all rounder.
on 3 September 2009
I got my first one of then I was 9ish. They're more reliable than other Parkers, have had those break and these haven't. I just keep losing them! So have probably had around 20 of these pens in my lifetime. Couldn't ask for better. Writes smoothly, not scratchy, easy to refill, reasonably priced ink cartridges. I definitely recommend them. However, buy them from Tesco because Amazon is more expensive.

This is the same review I've given to the blue pen in the same style, because I've used both since the same age. I use black ink in the black one, blue in the blue, surprisingly, so I keep two blues on the go at once as well as a black.
on 16 October 2008
fantastic pen to write with very reliable product and currently my parker pen at work is 7 years old and still going strong and im buying one to keep at home
on 4 August 2010
I wish I had read the previous review before purchasing this item. It is the pen advertised, but definitely not the pen pictured. I am very unhappy - Amazon should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, and correct this forthwith. It is the first time I have been let down in this way. The pen itself is perfectly functional, I used them at school twenty five years ago (the only reason I gave it one star). However, I am pretty sure I could have brought it for half the price from a stationers on a railway station. Can't be bothered with the rigmarole of returning it since I know I can find a use for it, but very proverbialed off!
on 12 August 2014
I get nostalgic just holding this pen. It was my staple at school but it was a fairly weak ally. The nib was forever getting bent and sort of enticed you into pressing too hard just to bend it and then try and unbend it again. But once bent you might as well throw it away. Anyway as an adult I can now resist these adolescent urges and writing with this pen just brings back the type of enchanted thoughts about school, learning, and exploration that are facilitated by viewing things at a distance of some years now.

Anyway, the main reason I use this pen now it makes you write a little slower than with a more frenetic biro. The advantage is that my handwriting is marginally less illegible and I found that with biros I was writing letters before writing the previous letter i.e. i was sort of skipping letters inadvertently...especially when most of the day is spent at a keyboard and not in the service of a pen.

Also compared to a biro there is some sort of sense of grandeur, importance, thoughtfulness, elegance, and academia associated with a fountain pen.
If you have a nice pen you want to write....it helps overcome inertia.

I happen to think its also rather attractive looking and fairly sturdy. Having metal at the top end means you can't chew it to bits.

I personally think it looks better than the bloated over priced fountain pens available for >£50.

The parker vector is a small pen but still works with big hands like mine. Being small it fits nicely in the pocket and has a spare elegance about it.

The blue ink is not very good. Black is definitely the best and most durable/photocopiable.
on 14 March 2011
Absolutely FANTASTIC!!
This pen is great! It's very trustworthy, and it will never let you down. It's amazingly durable, writes really neatly and looks great. It's comfortable to hold and with a blue washable cartridge, makes the perfect pen.
on 30 June 2010
The vector can be found in any supermarket these days. Seems to be Parkers 'everyday' pen. Probably targeted to students and school kids.

The pen is thin in style. Short without the cap on the end and too long with the cap attached. The finger barrel is thinner and made of brushed steel. The edge of the barrel can be felt when you write but the pen is light.

The rigid steel nib is reasonably smooth. Not as smooth as the Reflex which is about the same price. Ink flows well but I find that if I write fast or continuously, the ink flow struggles to keep up and the colour gets fainter. The line is dry and the nib thickness is just the right width for me.

Personally, I prefer the Reflex because it is smoother and can cope better in long bursts of writing. However, this is still a decent pen for the money.
on 24 June 2011
The picture in amazon and the pen received mismatched. The pen I received is quite cheap, and the ink is one-time'i.e. you have to buy a new pen tube when it is run out. In short, this pen is a joke,and don't buy it.