Paranormal Intruder: The True Story of a Family in Fear
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£5.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 1 February 2014
This is a creepy tale of a family's dealings with a poltergeist in their own home. The occurrences the family experience are witnessed by friends, other family members, police officers and paranormal investigators. This is a brilliant book I struggled to put down, reading late into the night and wondering what every noise was as I tried to go to sleep. Loved it.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Whilst reading my Facebook wall one day I came across a share about this book, which after reading the blurb and as a fan of horror movies as well as ghost stories I thought I'd give it a go as I'm more than interested in getting to read someone's real life account of a haunting.

Yes, generally a lot of them are all based in historic places such as tales of the past Kings and Queens or a haunted old inn yet this one stood out as it was set in a fairly new property, not something that you'd think would be haunted.

So upon opening the pages the reporting of the events started straight away and to be honest never slowed down.unlike so many others. What this title has done completely differently was to sit down and explain everything in a clear concise manner that also allowed you to get to know the victims of this haunting. There was no bravado or heroic stances from the family concerned and after doing what they could, they took the only step left to them which was to leave their home but even that didn't end the paranormal events.

All in, this is a book that has a lot of twists and turns within, taking the reader from tears, from when the family had to rehome their dogs or your hair standing on end as the events are described in detail, yet throughout it all, it was clear that the familial bonds were strong as they stood together against the unseen foe.

I have read other reviews and am shocked at certain people's attitude to part of the story ( I will not go into it ) and I want to say to them until you have been literally been to hell and back don't be abusive about people's reactions to a situation like this. The books author also has a blog which is very interesting and in my opinion is something definitely worth looking at. I would definitely give this book 10 out of 10 and I'm glad the author could come forward with this story it may well help others.
on 10 November 2014
I have experienced the paranormal firsthand, and because of this, I have read a lot of books about others who have experienced it as well. This is one of the few first hand accounts that I've read that was from start to finish, believable.

Caroline Mitchell relates this ordeal in a very matter of fact, unapologetic and simple manner. One does not sense that any of this has been embellished to make the story more interesting. One does not get the feeling that she is telling her family's story in order to become the next big thing in paranormal circles. Like anyone that has experienced something like this, she seems almost too conscious of the fact that people are going to judge no matter what she does. Therefore, it becomes all important to tell an accurate story.

In doing so, we get to know her and the people around her as three dimensional and real people. I recently read a "based on a true story" account in which attempts at fictionalization turned the people involved into something akin to cardboard cut outs of actual people. In the simple act of telling her story, we get to know everyone in a manner that doesn't feel at all forced. This too, lends her experiences credibility that just doesn't exist in so many other non-fiction books about the paranormal.

This isn't a great piece of literature, though it is well written and presented. The lack of embellishment and the lack of a neatly wrapped up solution/closure guarantees that there will never be a big Hollywood film about it. Yet, I feel that this is required reading for anyone interested in the subject. You will find very little out there that presents the reality of a haunting in such a readable manner.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I can't even begin to imagine how terrified this family must have been, and how abandoned by the priests of their faith. They are very lucky to have the core of strong family and friends to help them get through this.
I read an account of this story in one of the paranormal women's magazines that I read and was instantly hooked on finding more about it.
This book was well written and straight to the point. I could not put it down. The book arrived in the morning post and I had finished it by early evening.
I wish this family good luck for the future.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 December 2014
I got this book as I myself have unwanted house guests however mine are nowhere near anything like Neil and Caroline's. I have a WW1 soldier, a very strict looking woman from 1800s (I wish I could upload the photos I have of them on here) and a young man who sadly died just a few miles away from this house who is now my "guide" my parents purchased the house from his parents but they failed to mention they had lost their son and a not so nice apart whom we are still to identify. My story to one side I am always on the hunt for paranormal books I am trying to find patterns within similar stories to see if there is something which links us all together as to why we are picked by the "ghosts" this book has opened my eyes (which are already open pretty wide) even more. There are so many people writing about their stories and yes, some will be made up twoddle, if you want proof that there is in fact more out there to what the eye can see then get this book, take on all the facts and come to your own conclusion, the author does not try to sway you into having you believe it's a demon, far from it as they have no idea to this day what it is and leave it to the reader to decide. I can't talk highly enough to about this book and will be recommending it to everyone I know. A gripping read, very well written which keeps you hooked. I finished this book at 2am after starting it at 6pm! Just couldn't put it down and I'm gutted it's come to an end 😞
on 22 August 2014
A brilliant read, this book had me hooked from the start and I couldn't put it down!
I'm a believer of the 'after life' and always have been, reading this book gave me an insight of just what it can be like after we die, (if we are evil!) me myself hope that I will not be trapped like this evil spirt this poor family had to endure! But hope that I go to the better and happier side! It makes me think that the choices we make and do in this life has an effect on where we end up when we die....so be good everyone!!
I feel very sorry for the family that had to endure all the awful things that are written in this amazing, eye opening book, but thank them for sharing their ordeals with us, I can only imagine how hard it must have been.
on 9 March 2014
This book was gripping from the word go, the experiences this family endured go beyond anything you can imagine its scary but when your reading it you feel like your there
on 9 March 2015
Well, I really just have no idea of where to begin with this review. There are so many things going through my head right now, it's seeming rather impossible to form any sort of coherent sentence out of them.

I'm a very open-minded person, I always have been and I probably always will be. My mother is the same, and over the years she's told me about things that she's experienced, about things that she's never been able to explain. My own views on the paranormal definitely lean towards believing that there's something out there. I've never experienced anything myself, but I've always kept an open-mind in regards to spirits etc. purely because I just don't know. I've always been fascinated by people's accounts, and by pictures, videos and famous stories that have been around for years and years and so, when I spotted Caroline talking about her book on Twitter, it immediately caught my attention.

It wasn't long until I bought Paranormal Intruder and I really couldn't wait to begin reading it. Alongside the eagerness to get started, there was definitely a hesitation on my part, purely because things seem to stay with me for a long time, and I get so scared stupidly easily, it's ridiculous. The fact that Paranormal Intruder is based on true events really niggled at me before I'd even started reading, but in the end, I pulled myself together and began. After all, it must have taken a lot of courage and strength on the author's part to re-live her experiences whilst writing, and I had no reason to put it off any longer.

Paranormal Intruder was, to me, both shocking and compelling in equal measure. At times, I found myself not wanting to continue reading, but unable to turn away because I really wanted to know what happened next. Noises, physical attacks and dangerous attempts at fire-starting are to name but a few of the many unbelievable things that take place within this book, and it disturbed me to know that it had all truly taken place. At times, I found myself shaking my head in utter disbelief at what this poor family went through, because it was just so inconceivable. It's not something that's easy to take in and make sense of, that's for sure, and if that's how I felt from purely reading the book, I know it doesn't even come close to how the family that experienced it felt.

The book follows the family from the very first time the activity took place. From the shocking and the disturbing, to the terrifying and the downright chilling, Paranormal Intruder rocked me to my very core. Just to sit there and imagine these things happening, with no explanation and no apparent person who was doing these things, is the very height of fright and confusion. The evidence that the family picked up from their home was just insane, and I cannot fathom how scared they must have been during the time when it all took place.

By the time I'd finished reading this, I felt like I'd been with the family myself. Caroline's descriptions hit the nail right on the head, and I was left speechless, and utterly in awe of the family that suffered through it all. It really is a terrifying account of what happened and how the family tried to pick up the pieces of their lives.

I can only hope that more people read Caroline's story and become aware of the horrors that the family went through. It's an eye-opener, and a frightening one at that.
on 31 March 2014
This book is one family's story.
It is the story that, on the face of it, sounds like something out of a work of fiction written scare you. But, in fact what this book details are true life account's that caused one family to understand that there is something beyond the existence we live on a day to day basis.
The family experienced phenomena that scared them and at times even made them laugh. But, also they were made the target of some entity that appeared to be attached to the husband. Not your classic poltergeist or Haunting, this story give the reader the first hand facts But, does not ask them to believe, more to just be open minded to the fact that these things can happen. They happen not just in old dusty houses or castles but, in brand new suburban houses. Also, the shows that it is not just places that can be haunted but, people too.
What this case has that some lack is the amount and caliber of some of witnesses which include Police officers and religious figures, some of who give their own written accounts. The evidence presented is done so in such a way as to give the reader a clear picture of the events the family have experienced, and to a point still do, and goes some way to allowing the reader a glimpse at the emotions that these people have been through during some quite inexplicable events.
What was this entity that caused so much upheaval for this family? Will we ever know?
What i would say is read the book and make your own mind up.
Personally, i would say you won't be disappointed. But, that's my own opinion.
From a lifetime of interest, investigation and research into anomalous phenomena, this has to be one of the more interesting cases i have read and one that kept my attention from cover to cover.
on 1 June 2015
'Paranormal Intruder' is the true story of Caroline Mitchell, her husband, Neil and her family as they face a paranormal presence which torments them and tries to destroy their family.

What I liked about the story was how honest and straightforward Caroline was about what happened, from mysterious fires, objects being moved, thrown dishes, threatening telephone calls, a threatening note which are all directed at her husband.

I found Caroline's story to be unnerving, I have always believed that there is something after death but what Caroline and her family live with is a presence that is just plain evil, so there was times after reading that I went to sleep with the bedroom lamp on and I am still not brave enough to listen to the podcast of the presence growling.

'Paranormal Intruder' is a interesting read, there are aspects to the story which are never fully solved but that unfortunately is the nature of what the family is living with.

Whether you believe or do not believe in the paranormal, the story shows you how mysterious the world can be.