on 12 November 2013
I read this entire series in 2 weeks and I would have done it a lot faster if I hadn't needed to go to work! Addictive reading so be warned! FANTASTIC!!
on 18 January 2014
I've read every one in this series and loved them all. Amazing storyline and loveable characters.
It's none stop action and surprises all the way through. Each one is as good if not better than the previous one.
Looking forward to reading more about Alias and James in next series.
Lynn
on 8 January 2014
The descent series is amazing. Can't wait to continue the journey. Definitely recommend to everyone. There's action and drama and a brilliant love story with some heartbreak thrown in. I'm so routing for James and Elise to settle down. Bring on the next part..
on 3 February 2014
the final in the series and never a disappointment in any of the books this final battle with God never lets up with Elise's battle within her mind and young Nathaniel proving an unlikely hero. SM Reine is an amazing fantasy author
on 7 September 2013
After reading the first 3 books of the Descent Series as a freebie on kindle and finding out that I enjoyed them so much I read them one after the other within a few days, I just had to get the rest of the series. These are the first urban fantasy books I have read and I can't believe what I have been missing. The books are so addictive and as I read them straight away one after the other each book just blurred together into one big book, which is why I have done the same review for the last 4 books of the Descent Series. All I can say is that S.M Reine is an amazing author and each book is fantastic, the stories are just brilliant and the characters are great, especially Elise. I will definitely be reading more of her books.
on 27 June 2013
Great book and great way to finish the series, tied up the loose ends and answered the questions left over from the previous books. Got to see everyone in their true colours and how they were trying to manipulate Elise for their own good but also understanding why. Liked it that Malcolm came good in the end and Arianna got a second chance to do good with her new baby. Looking forward to reading the new series, Ascension series, where we have the chance to see what happens with Elise and James. This author gives you a great storyline with all the emotions, twists and turns that makes you want to read the book and not put down until you finish.
on 8 September 2013
I have spent the last 7 weeks reading this entire series and have to say it is the best most complete and compelling series of books I have ever read. From the 1st page your hooked and it becomes an obsession to find out what happens next, but it does not end with this series the books roll seamlessly into the ascension series which introduce characters from the other SM Reine books. These characters just meld straight in and are so fascinating that I now have the Cain series and the moon series to catch up on. This series is a must for anyone who likes this genre of books. Without doubt the best author out there, and will not disappoint.
on 9 July 2013
When I read the first book I wasn't sure I was going to like it, it was a little too light compared to what I would normally read but I was soon hooked and each book was better than the one before as the characters took shape. I really wanted to know how it would pan out as the plot became more intricate. It was different from the usual fantasy stories, still had the magic but also angels and demons and it worked really well. There's some good dialogue and a few funny oneliners and it kept pace. I had to read all of the books back to back. Very enjoyable and can't wait to read her other books.
on 5 July 2014
This book is the perfect example of why I hate the final book in a series. They all disappoint me. The first 12 chapters were extremely repetitive, Elise was getting tortured in heaven over and over. Malcolm chapters kept me amused until James finally got out of limbo though. As usual I could have done without Anthony's involvement at all.
I feel so bad for Elise and I wouldn't be able to forgive James either but I still like him a lot so I feel kinda heartbroken by the ending
on 30 July 2013
The Descent series has had me on the edge of my seat through every single book, it became a big obsession and will miss Elise and James and co being a part of my daily reading life. I would recommend this book to anybody with a love of the supernatural. Onwards and upwards I will check out all SM Reine's books as she is now one of my favourite writers and I hope she continues taking us readers on a rollercoaster ride with her books.