Format: HardcoverChange

on 30 May 2009
I ordered several of these books at the same time but this is head and shouulders above the others! Comprehensive explanation about bread types and constructing the sandwiches. Beautifully presented and engaging to read. I have tried a few recipes and Yum! they are good! If you are thinking of getting a panini book, this is the one to get. You don't need any others!
0Comment49 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 August 2010
This author seriously knows what he is talking about, many of the products are a sensational combination of tastes.
Apart from this, the book also contains the definitive pizza base recipe and one for great Ciabatta rolls.

Initially disappointing on first reading due to the American deli style recipes and fillings with many ingredients not initially recognised by me and also the poor quality monochromatic bread photography used in the book which makes some items look unappealing.
Publishers please note - we all select the food we want to eat with our eyes before we even taste it. Great food retailing is all down to that simple premise.

Result - got online and noted down the European equivalent names for the herbs and other odd ingredients and then tried some of the recipes out.

Have never regretted the extra effort since.
on 3 July 2010
Nice clear book, giving you some good ideas to make Panini's, especially good if you are a bit unsure what you can and can't do.
on 3 September 2010
Wonderful book, some very exciting recipes and good ideas I am buying some as presents for Christmas
on 27 March 2010
Easy to follow instructions and very delicious recipes :P, a nice book too - well made.
on 7 August 2013
A stylish book, well-written and with lots of ideas and colour photos. Unfortunately some ingredients are difficult/impossible to get in the UK and I wish I'd realised it was an American book and only contained cup measurements (bread recipes are particularly difficult to translate to UK measurements). Fortunately I know what zucchini and cilantro are (courgettes and coriander), but if you are not familiar with American terms this may not be the book for you.
on 17 March 2013
This is a great accompaniment to the panini grill and griddle, packed with a variety of different sandwiches to try
on 19 September 2011
To my mind a toasted sandwich is a tasty, hot, essentially quick snack, not fine dining. This book gives recipes for making the bread, for special mayonnaises and for sandwich fillings which involve pre-cooking ingredients and using one or two additional pans - not my idea of a quick snack. I did find it quite useful for ideas on actual ingredients, but the handbook which accompanies your toaster probably does just as good a job. I'm sure the author's recipes are delicious, but life's too short.
0Comment8 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 September 2010
This is a book to treasure. We have made several of the recipes and each one has been truly delicious. There are lots more we intend to try and we are really glad that we bought it.
on 31 July 2014
The book is easy to follow and well put together. I often choose a recipe for the kids as a snack. The book is full of interesting and paninis which are not complicated to follow. I am pleased with the book..
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse