on 20 March 2014
So very pleased with this little DVD player! I've bought other so called region free DVD players only to be disappointed that they won't play US DVDs. So far this is the only one I've found that will. So happy to finally be able to watch my American DVDs in the UK!
33 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 February 2015
We LOVE our Panasonic Multi Region DVD player. It's sleek and unobtrusive (it's a little narrower than our 2007 Sky Box and half the height). We have watched Region 1 and Region 2 DVDs on it and tonight also played CDs through the TV speakers. It all works well. It came with a scart cable, but we just used the multi-coloured y-cable to connect it into our TV. Now I don't need to worry about my preschooler putting the wrong region into our two previous machines (which we will freecycle).

After we plugged it in, when we first started playing DVDs (they were Region 1, but then we tried Region 2) they looked a little odd in colour and wanted to stop a few minutes in. We tried all sorts of variations in cords and scart (we had some choice in inputs and outputs) and we finally used our TV remote to get off of the Widescreen setting. That fixed the problem! Now it's PERFECT. There are similar settings to widescreen we can use (like 14:9 and movie) to still get that widescreen effect (our TV screen is 65cm on the diagonal). When we watch US TV show DVDs in 4:3 format there is black on either side of the screen to get the original 4:3 format (these are shows from the 80s) but movies look widescreen-y.

We just love this product so much! It feels like ages since we bought something and it worked like it was supposed to. Once we figured out the widescreen setting this product was on that list of great purchases. I hope that info is helpful!
on 5 March 2015
This is worth it's weight in gold. Before purchase I read the reviews, I was made nervous about buying it by one review which said that the manufacturer hadn't supplied this model but another one. From the tone of that review I thought it hadn't done as it had promised, and that was to play all regions. I have a much more expensive multi region player, which doesn't play some of the discs I've bought, so I was very wary.In the end the price alone convinced me, that and it being a Panasonic, which is a good make, mainly because I have another DVD player which is wearing out, so if this proved to be a dud, at least I could replace that on inexpensively. When it arrived I checked the serial code, and yes, it was another model in the same line. I initially felt cheated, I put in a DVD that hadn't played on my multi region, and when the disc played, I was overjoyed. I tried a few of them, and they all played. This is a total bargain, as some multi region players can cost a considerable amount of money. It's compact in size, has a USB connector, a scart and a composite output port, no HDMI, but that's no big loss for me anyway. If you're looking for a multi region player that does as it says it does, then this is the one for you. I am very happy with my purchase.
on 7 September 2014
This really is a multi region player, works for all my NTSC discs and others.
Very compact, fits anywhere and looks good as well. Good all round bit of kit, would highly recommend.
on 27 November 2014
I've been looking for a multi-region dvd player for some time now and decided to take a gamble on this player. The previous multi-region dvd player I had bought from Amazon stated that it was multi-region (the Sony DVPSR760H multi-region) but it wasn't. However, when this player arrived (a day early than expected) i tested it straight away with a region 1 dvd and it came on straight away with no messing with the settings or using other remotes. I'm very pleased with this product and would recommend to anyone looking for a multi-region dvd player
on 11 October 2014
This player is incorrectly advertised. It is NOT a DVDS500, it is the cheaper DVD500EB-K.

The DVDS500 is a higher spec player and in addition has DivX playback. The DVD500EB-K does not. You will receive cheaper model.

The supplier is aware of this and promised to change the advert to reflect this, but as you can see, the front page and image clearly shows it hasn't changed.
66 comments|121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 September 2014
Lovely machine - small and compact - needs scart connection so HDMI enthusiasts might prefer another model which may offer that facility

So far have played regions 1, 4 + 2 without a problem - picture quality excellent and even seems to "like" a couple of DVDs which wouldn't play at all on my previous player

Our previous multi-region player had a set of speakers which were a pest with the wires constantly ravelling - this is back to something simpler and you can either utilise the normal speakers of your tv, or if you want, there is a connecting lead provided to link to music centre, but the first option is perfectly acceptable
on 17 August 2014
the player works well, and does what I wanted it to do, ie. play dvds from all regions. recommended. Ian.
on 24 May 2014
just loving this panasonic multi region player absolutely fantastic now i can watch my ntsc dvds that i own like in living colour(1990)

and my complete dvd series of different strokes - series one,two,and three also bought from amazon also the delivery was also fast and efficient
on 15 October 2015
Within 6 months the dvd player has developed numerous faults, stopping at random intervals and ejecting the disc. Panasonic customer service have proven to be particularly useless, initially directing me to my nearest repair centre which is on the other side of London and so @ 1hour drive away. When I pointed that this was impractical and could they offer a free post service to return the product like some of their competitors, the pen pusher dealing with my case just started quoting their terms and conditions.

So if you are happy to purchase a cheap product that won't last very long, at least double check that you live near one of their repair centres first