on 16 July 2013
+ It's really tiny, amaxingly so - very convenient to slip in a pocket
+ Battery is good for 200-250+ photos, camera recharges reasonably quickly via USB cable

- Image quality sadly lacking, "mushy" photos
- Button presses in menu navigation sometimes not acted on for up to 10 seconds - this is absolutely *pitiful*, Panasonic.
- Even turned up to the max brightness, screen can be impossible to see in bright sunlight
- Camera will on occasion hang, especially if you are using one of the arty modes. You will need to remove and re-insert the battery as none of the buttons work.

Assuming Panasonic get their act together and fix their firmware, it might actually be an OK camera to use. Until then, either live with the bugs and limitations, or just avoid.

In retrospect, having used it a lot more in the last couple of weeks, I wish I'd avoided.
on 28 March 2014
Ok it is pretty cheap, but overall I feel disappointed as I generally really like Panasonic gear and the stylish Lumix range.

This camera is very slow to recover between shots - not great if you don't want to miss any action. Some pictures look great and full of detail but others are somewhat fuzzy and colour has not been anything to shout about (although I haven't tried it in all conditions yet).

Although I wanted a very small camera that could be slipped into a pocket easily, this camera (along with others this size I imagine) is so slim and light that it is hard to feel like you have got it steady when taking pictures and this might explain some of the fuzzy shots - something that might improve with practice. The power button is particularly tiny and this makes it even more fiddly to power-up which seems to take a while anyway - this kind of negates some of the 'pocket-sized' benefits as you are inclined not to want to turn it off and put it away because the bother of taking it out and turning on sometimes doesn't seem worth it. The extending lens, while not too slow, also adds to this feeling and I would probably go for a camera with a 'hidden' zoom next time I want a super-compact pocket camera.

I bought an external charger and spare batteries as I didn't want the camera to be tied up charging batteries in-situ, but this feature will obviously be very useful on occasion.

Overall I wish I'd spent the money on a different camera.
on 18 July 2013
I like the size and some of the features but I am not too keen on the quality of some of the internal shots it does particularly if there is movement. I bought it for my wife to take photos of our son and you can put in his birthday and it will tell you his age as you take a photo but it does not imprint this on the photo which would have been a better idea. On some settings it is very slow to start up and allow you to shoot - maybe 20 seconds or so, so slow that I have had to avoid one setting all together as the shoot button just does not work until well after "the moment" has passed.
on 6 March 2015
Pros:
Battery rechargeable in camera via USB. Compact size and light, e.g. fits in trouser/shirt pocket so no belt holster needed. Lots of picture presets, e.g. scenery, sunsets, sports action etc.
Cons:
Sluggish - delay between taking pictures. Specs appeared in photos due to dirt being sucked into camera when lens is extended. Seems a common problem with Lumix cameras as several Youtube videos testify. In fact, needed such a video on holiday to instruct me on how to dismantle the camera to remove offending particles. Very fiddly. (Finding and buying the tiny screwdriver required was no mean task in Peru).
I'll be very wary of buying such a Lumix camera again.
on 26 April 2014
It's very small, feels great in the hand and is a magnificent piece of design but unfortunately it's almost impossible to use in bright light (and completely impossible in sunshine). It takes several seconds for a picture to be stored before you can take the next and the quality of the images is acceptable only for web pages and viewing on a mobile. Look at them on a widescreen monitor and they're smeary and over-processed. Incidentally, I also tried the later XS3 version of this camera and it is even worse in terms of image quality.
Having said all this, it's not a bad camera for happy snappers, but anybody who has used Panasonic's more serious cameras will be disappointed.
on 15 September 2014
Main plus for me is the size and weight of this little beauty. It's got some great shooting modes. The menus are very intuitive, which I need! Quality of the photos isn't ground breaking, but more than acceptable. I bought this to replace my Canon Powershot A480, and I am very pleased with it. The photo's are no sharper than the Canon, but I haven't really "played" with it yet, so I will reserve judgement on that. The video mode is excellent too. This camera looks good, feels good and performs good, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a simple budget digital camera. The supplied software is OK, and you get a choice whether to use it as your default program when loading it. So if you're looking for a decent camera that slips into your pocket easily, go for this one. It also comes in white and black if you don't like the red.
on 14 September 2014
Bought this camera for my girlfriend and she loves the fact that it's so thin and the quality is actually really good most especially with the wide lens and a big aperture it's good for low light selfies
on 23 June 2013
This is the second Panasonic Lumix camera I have bought and have found this to be excellent. Amazons usual prompt delivery
also helped. The camera is easy to use, is very small and light and the video capability is excellent for something so tiny.
I rate Panasonic one of the best providers for this type of item and am very pleased and would recommend it to anyone.
on 31 March 2014
Brilliant camera,does what it should and the camera you have on you is better than than one you don't. small and unobtrusive.
on 19 January 2015
A very good camera and clear at taking photos and video. Requires a Micro SD card to make more use out of the memory and features. The panoramic photo features is cool and one of the best features you can use on this camera. For the price you get an excellent and compact camera for making videos and taking good quality, crisp photos with. (HD of course!)