Finding a decent cordless phone is harder than you'd think. I've tried all the major brands and Panasonic have come out on top, with this phone the best I've ever used. Why? There are a few reasons.
1) Display. The display is large, bright and the user interface is simple to use.
2) Features. With this phone it's easy to - amongst a host of other things - bar numbers and record conversations.
3) Battery life. With the handset's display set to automatic standby, the battery lasts for ever even when calls are frequently being made.
4) Headset jack. It has one on the handset itself, allowing you to turn it into a mobile headset if you so wish.
5) Frequency. It operates in the 1.88 - 1.90GHz frequency range, meaning there's no interference with the overcrowded 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands that devices such as wireless routers, mice, keyboards et al use. This is, by far, THE best thing about this phone - the problems you avoid by avoiding interference cannot be overstated.
The only gripe I have with this phone are the outgoing messages, which are spoken in quite an irritating female voice. You can record your own message, but I always prefer to use the prerecorded ones and there isn't enough choice on this front.
Apart from that minor quibble, this phone is nigh on perfect.