Style Name: 4K|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 23 August 2014
I love this camcorder. It works excellently as a fun filming device. I went to the zoo with it and caught some great footage. It has its limitations though. I have found that taking stills with this camera is disappointing the quality isn't that great and because of the wide angle view and lack of zoom it is only good for panoramas and close ups. The video looks good and sharp and reacts well to light conditions. If attached to the supplied head mount (which isn't uncomfortable to wear. though I have not worn it for extended periods). (You can only do two hours of continuous filming though.). Its tiny, lightweight. needs a smartphone to access all functions (But most people own one nowadays, right? The app doesn't use up much space and is free). The lack of zoom, still photo quality and battery life are its main downfalls.(The battery is comparable to a smartphone, If you use it for extended periods the battery will drain quickly. You have to charge it everyday you use it.) If you wish to do simple POV filming at 1080p hi def, this camcorder is all you need. You can also detach the camera from the head mount and get great close ups. this was very useful in the zoo with animals you were allowed to approach.
on 5 April 2016
As probably the last person on earth that doesn't own a smart device, this criticism is probably not pertinent to anybody else, but the fact that you can't change anything on this device if you don't have a smart device is an unanticipated limitation for me. No, you can't do it from a laptop or desktop PC -- I've had this confirmed by Panasonic. Don't buy this product if, like me, you don't have a smart device -- don't waste your money. All other devices I've come across have GUIs that you can download to a laptop, but Panasonic, in their infinite wisdom, have chosen not to take this route. Too difficult for Panasonic?
on 22 August 2015
wowza's trousas - really love this thing....

I'm not a hard core extreme sports kind of user, but I do a bit of canyoning climbing mb ing etc, but really got this to be able to archive some inter-generational family events with the kids and grandparents.

Conventional camcorders would be way too intrusive. Where as this little baby with its corded lens barrel is really versatile and discrete and the ultra wide pov is great for sucking in the whole scene without having to worry about exact positioning - it will capture everything.

It is a little bit fisheye around the edges but.......... because the 4k resolution is so phenomenal, it is very easy to crop this out without losing any detail. And the large sensor has delighted me with its low light capability.

And it is weatherproof and so easy to control with my android phone and I can also use it as a networked camera to remotely monitor the home if I wanted to.

But what I love the most is the 4k resolution - even though I only have hd tv and monitors - the detail and resolution (and low performance) all look way better than previous hd pocket cams.

The mountings are rubbish but if i feel the need to strap this on to the front fork of my mountain bike then I'm sure duct tape and velcro will do nicely.
on 24 June 2014
This is not intended to be an exhaustive review, just my first impressions. In use I found the headset to be comfortable in use and remarkably stable. The Panasonic ads show a short haired man wearing it. If your hair is collar length or longer it's probably better to firstly slip the springy band over your neck and then raise it so it's over your ears, with your hair hanging over the band. Pulling it down over the top of your head isn't so good for long hair because it feels awkward and looks silly with tufts of hair sticking out. Also longer hair conceals the band and camera support if you slide it up from around your neck.

The first video I did was when I skated around town on my inline skates. I had the camera aimed too low. The second one was ice skating in the almost deserted Murrayfield Ice Rink. This time I took care to check the picture on the screen was straight and level. Once adjusted it does stay put. I haven't used the armband, preferring to house the main unit in the breast pocket of the top I wear for skating.

In the earlier attempt I'd used the default settings but this time I made sure it was set to Wide mode. I found the controls and interface easy to use. I also found it easy to use in WiFi mode on my Samsung Galaxy tablet (first version) and on my iPod Touch which is even older. Test playback on these devices was very useful, as well as the ability to control everything remotely.

I've ordered the multi support and will get others e.g. tripod support when they're available. I expect it'll be a while before I try 4K video as none of my screens do more than 1920 x 1080 pixels. I'm looking forward to trying time lapse and super slow motion.

I've uploaded a 2 minute 1080p video to YouTube.
on 4 November 2015
Neat camera, I use it with a helmet mount on my bike. The product is well made and very durable.The wifi link to my smart works well.
on 28 November 2015
Panasonic have produced a very nice product here - robust and very well made with great image quality.
on 18 April 2016
Although this item works, beware if the OS on your smartphone is newer than 4:2, cause if it is then the WiFi will not connect. I did not understand this until I had purchased the item. I hope to gta full refund from Panasonic as I feel that selling an outdated camera with all its functions not working onup to date smartphones is more than a bit bad. It should be listed very clarly when buying.
It means I cant connect t my smartphone and see what I am recording.
on 13 February 2016
Good quality video capture. Well made device.
on 18 March 2016
Working well, good product up to now
on 18 June 2014
Pretty nice camera when you looking for taking wired shot, slow motion and timelapse without a huge preparation.
Really useful for everyday life shots.