on 24 March 2014
These wipes are really flimsy in comparison to the - I thought - identical wipes bought from the shops. They are so thin that they are next to useless when trying to clean a messy baby's bottom. The ones bought from the shop were larger and far more robust. I don't understand why there is such a difference between the two as the name and packaging is pretty much identical. I shall go back to buying them from the shops even though they are more expensive, as I use fewer each time and get less of the mess on my hands in the process.
on 4 July 2014
Bought these for two years through the S&S programme and was very happy with product... and pricing. Suddenly these and do many other baby products are not available on S&S and instead the price to buy has almost doubled!! Rip off from Amazon and definitely makes me purchase elsewhere - greed give mad by Amazon will only result in loss of otherwise loyal customers.
on 2 April 2014
I am allergic to any cheaper brands apart from pampers and johnsons wipes however they are very expensive in the shops at 1.49 a pack in sainsburys. As we only have a sainsburys near by we had to shop there due to having a c section (and they don't even sell the big boxes In our sainsburys), but then I saw that amazon had the 12pack for £7.65 (on subscribe and save) which is a bargain (63p per pack) I can't complain so I ordered 5 boxes and they only expire 08/16. I would definitely recommend these they are amazing and very kind to the skin, not to wet and not to dry the only bad thing is if you leave the packet open then the first wipe drys out half way after a certain amount of time. But that's easy to solve by learning to avoid bad habits.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 March 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We've used Huggies Pure wipes for the last few months so we were interested by the chance to try out what Pampers have to offer.

The first thing you notice is that the Pampers packet is more compact. Obviously some of this is down to the fact that Huggies put 64 wipes in each pack compared to Pampers' 56, but the Huggies packet is wider and longer. The smaller pack from Pampers is appreciable when loading your changing bag.

As for the wipes, the Pampers' ones feel noticeably thicker and a little softer thanks to that thickness. Initially they don't feel as damp, but I get the impression that this is an effect of the tissue and they're just as effective on our baby's skin. In terms of size, subjectively they feel a little smaller in surface area (I haven't compared them together), though you never notice when actually using them.

Neither the Huggies or the Pampers are a pure as they make out, they both contain a load of chemicals, though we've never had any issues with them causing undue effects.

One final plus point for Pampers is that the Huggies often fail to lift out the next wipe when you pull one out of the packet. This is pretty annoying, especially when one hand is busily juggling poop covered baby butt. This wouldn't be so bad if getting a grip on the next one were easy, but it is really, really hard to find the folded down edge of the next wipe. You end up having to pinch out what you can and either rip the next wipe or pull out 2 or 3 together, leading you to having to wave them in the air to separate them. This leads to some wastage, which brings the total wipes per pack a little closer to the Pampers count.

To be honest, I don't see much reason to prefer one brand over the other. The biggest decider for me would be the price, but the last point about the Huggies not dispensing properly, along with the smaller packet, is enough to make it a win for Pampers.
on 26 November 2014
Bought a box of these because they had the tops that seal. Re-ordered exactly the same box and was sent a box with the flimsy seals - rubbish quality - same price. Very disappointed - won't be re-ordering.
on 23 June 2014
I have been buying these at £9.00 for a good while now, and suddenly the price has almost doubled! I will not be buying these at THIS price!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 18 November 2013
We've been using these wipes since our little one came home and, by and large, they do a great job. The packs are well constructed and relatively easy to open. The 56 wipes is a good balance meaning the packs aren't too heavy/bulky to take on the move and don't run out too quickly.

The wipes themselves are strong and neutrally fragranced. They are moistened with a kind of cream/balm which is intended to be kind to sensitive skin. Over time, we found that it's not so good for cleaning baby's face - he came out with a mild rash and pimples that recur if we start using these wipes. They do a great job of cleaning his bum though and at 1p per wipe (maybe even a bit less) it makes them a pretty economical solution.

If there's another down-side, it's the moisturising solution that they are soaked in. It makes the resealable tab on the packet refuse to stick, so often the top wipe can dry out. It also leaves a slight greasy coating on baby's skin - no doubt the moisturising properties of the balm, but this does mean that your preferred nappy cream will find it harder to stick. Perhaps not such a problem given you're using a moisturising wipe but if you prefer an antiseptic nappy cream, things can get a bit interesting.

All things considered, a decent value wipe that we continue to use so I can recommend it, but keep an eye on baby's skin.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's frightening how many of these wipes we go through. Thankfully if you purchase this box you benefit from the economy of scale and they are lighter on the wallet than most supermarket prices.

The wipes themselves are brilliant - nice and moist and incredibly soft. Thick, so no accidents or torn wipes, and strong so you can use them for a variety of things.

Best to put them in a sealable plastic pampers box so they don't dry out - if you do this then they get a full 5 stars!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are much better than the previous wipes that I've used from Pampers. They are about twiice as thick and are very moist and more to the point they retain their moisture to the end of the pack. I used to find the others dried out before I finished the packet. They don't dry sticky like the last ones and I don't experience the burning sensation that I used to get with the other 'sensitive' wipes. Because of my extra sensitive skin I can't use makeup or soap but my daughter has used them on her face and says they do a good job of removing makeup and they are certainly better for baby's bottom,he doesn't cry when I wipe his bottom like he did with the others and because they are thicker I'm only using one or two where as before I needed to use three or four and sometimes more.

The only downside with this box is that it would have been useful to have a dispenser box included for easy access to the wipes, I still find that they come out in twos and the pack is difficult to open one handed.

All in all I think these are much improved on the previous product and come in a very handy box size. There are only 56 wipes per pack but I've found they have lasted longer because they are thicker and they are definitely more for sensitive skin than they used to be.
on 1 November 2012
I'm all for saving money, time and effort. This is the first time I've used the subscribe and save service but I have to say I'm extremely impressed. This is my second child so I know just how quickly baby wipes can get used and I always looked for offers in all the shops in order to get the most (with quality) for the best price as well as trying to keep stocked up so as not to have sudden emergency. I have to say I do like pampers wipes but they can be expensive so unless they were on offer in a shop I wouldn't buy them. When I saw the price of this pack and the quantity I was very interested and even more so when I read more about subscribe and save. I made my first order at 8.30pm and although the delivery info that was emailed said it would be 5 days (over a weekend and still I thought good) it actually came at 1pm the next day. At the moment I have them ordered to come every 2 months (although I've only had first one yet as only started yesterday) but its very easy to change that to suit our needs. It also means I have one less thing to think about buying, it's already on order and I know I'm getting a good deal on price each time they come. Would definitely recommend to others