- Paperback: 130 pages
- Publisher: Dover Publications Inc. (1 Oct 1973)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0486206645
- ISBN-13: 978-0486206646
- Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 0.8 x 21.6 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 387,230 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
* A new order began; a more Roman age bred Rowena.
* A dog, a pant, a panic in a Patna pagoda.
Those samples may strike you as silly and meaninglesss, in which you are not a palindrome person, and this book is not for you. Or they may make you want to see more, in which case you should definitely buy this book. The palindromes by J.A. Lindon, which make up the book's grand finale chapter, are amazing tours de force.
Trust me -- this book has the goods. If you are a wordplay enthusiast, you'll love it. If you know one (perhaps a co-worker), it could make a great inexpensive gift. Strongly recommended!
This volume (an inspiration for many books including Michaelsen's "Words at Play" and Jon Agee's collections) is a must for wordplay enthusiasts, especially those with a penchant for these particular curiosities.
You will get your money's worth on this one.