Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-28 of 28 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jun 2012 09:13:01 BDT
DC says:
I have tried 3 times to do a review and none of them got published. I find it difficult to rate. For the price paid, it is good value.
I have streamed video and TV including use of HDMI.
Most of the key apps I would use do work (office, calendar, email and other business-y type stuff). Music and ebooks are fine.
Screen is about what I expected.
OSB OTG is great. I have connected all sorts of stuff (keyboards, drives etc)
3G dongle works as does connecting through my phone's wifi hotspot
I don't miss bluetooth.
I don't miss GPS.
Storage capability is great.
It is light and easy to hold.
I use it a lot!

The only irritating thing, and it can be really irritating is the lack of power. The device frequently slows. You see quite a lot of application not responding, wait or force close messages. I suspect ICS is pushing the cpu it to its limits.

If you need an inexpensive tablet now it is a good one (the original 8GB one is available for £70!). However, the new batch of multi-core cheap tablets that are due to hit the market over the new few weeks/months could be a game changer. I expect the Google one to be announced at the end of this month. It will be interesting to see what spec and how low a price Google/ASUS can push these out at. Also how will NatPC and the other Chinese manufacturers respond?

Posted on 18 Jun 2012 09:28:16 BDT
S. Wright says:
Hang in there with the not responding issues. I have an ampe A10 10.1 allwinner and that was exactly the same. I have just installed android 4.0.4 beta. Rooted it and nstalled "Allwinner Mod" (on Google play).

It now doesn't do that anymore. Also runs Asphalt 6, although it hasn't really got the oomph to at a resolution of 1280x800. But would probably be OK on 800x480

I just brought a similar tablet to yours for my 5yr old. An ICOO D70W from China so fingers crossed. It has a 1024x600 display and 1GB RAM, 16GB Flash.

They are all based on the same CPU/GPU.

Multi core makes a big difference on android.

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 23:21:20 BDT
DC says:
Early days but I have factory reset the device and it seems that the not responding errors have largely disappeared. Not sure why I didn't do this when I first got the tablet. Guess I got a little too excited!

Certainly, the tablet feels a much much better device all of a sudden.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE 7" 16GB Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)- now with DOUBLE storage (16GB) and DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - WiFi - Compatible with BBC iPlayer
NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE 7" 16GB Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)- now with DOUBLE storage (16GB) and DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - WiFi - Compatible with BBC iPlayer by NATPC
3.9 out of 5 stars   (427)