Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.39

on 1 September 2012
I didn't really know that much about being a hedge witch and was looking forward to reading this book. I wasn't dissapointed! It is very well written in a style that is homely, comfortable and yet precise. It has so many interesting chapters that you don't realise how much you are learning. It is certainly not a 'preachy' book. The author takes you through her craft with anecdotes and her own individual lessons. It is a joy to read as there is a relaxed feeling of an old friend passing on knowledge and giving her mature guidance.
Coming from a shamanic background myself, many aspects were familiar. Yet, there were lots of things I didn't know and I took pleasure in the new knowledge. I was totally enchanted with the information on trees and herbs.
I don't think I have had such a gentle , enjoyable read for a long while. I am now away to seek out the companion book on Hedge Riding.
on 13 August 2012
This little book has all you need to know about the basics of Hedge Witchcraft. Harmonia starts by introducing us to what Hedge Witches do, how they connect with nature and the spirit of a place, it also introduces us to ritual tools and familiars.

It then goes on to describe the Celtic festivals of the year and how a hedge witch views them, along with a good section on the elements and the magic that they hold.

The section on Sacred Trees takes us through each tree and what characteristics and energies it holds followed by a section on herbal lore.

Harmonia then dips into folk lore and divination from a Hedge Witch viewpoint.

An interesting book where Harmonia shares her own experiences of Hedge Witchcraft, good for anyone interested in following this path.
on 29 October 2012
Hedge Witchcraft is a simple, practical approach to Magick, free from dogma and doctrine.
Following requests from fans of her previous works, experienced hedgewitch, Harmonia Saille takes the reader on a journey of discovery as she explores Festivals, Sacred Trees, Herbal Lore, Folk Magick and Divination.

Unlike similar books on the subject, which often blend the tradition with other paths (Wicca being the most common) this book stays true to the roots of what Hedge Witchcraft is, and isn't. Pagans who enjoy a more hands-on approach to magick will certainly feel at home. Hedge Witchcraft is packed with reliable, straight-forward information, with an emphasis on individuality - the reader is encouraged to draw their own conclusions and to act on the knowledge they receive. Hedge Riding - the practice of Shamanic and Astral voyage - is covered in-depth in her follow-up book: Pagan Portals Hedge Riding.

Harmonia's engaging but friendly style of writing is empowering, through simple exercises, poems, charms, spells and anecdotes she demonstrates that you do not need to be initiated in order to connect with the life-force. I particularly enjoyed the Shapeshifting Exercise and Journal entries of her day-to-day life as a modern witch in Ireland. It was refreshing to see concepts other than those found in Pagan 101 books discussed, such as the Magical 4s and Land, Sea and Sky.

It is fitting that the book ends with the words "I love being a hedgewitch, it is what I am all about". Harmonia's passion for the subject is evident, and reading her words made me smile, I felt as though I were having a cup of tea and a chat with an old friend. With an open mind and an appreciation of nature this book will help you find your own magick.
on 19 January 2013
This is a really nice little book about folk magic, natural magical correspondences and the pagan calander. I really liked the section on "Spirit of Place".

However, it isn't specifically about Hedge Witchcraft. It made little mention of hedge riding, referring you to another book by the same author. Given that neither book is hugely long I don't see why they weren't intergrated, espaecially given the importance of hedge riding to this path.

If you are after a short guide to traditionally based witchcraft then this is a really interesting little read. But, if you have a decent background knowledge of general traditional witchcraft then this may not give you much new info.
on 15 December 2013
A great guide to exploring and experiencing the energies within Nature, taking the craft back to its raw beauty within the guise of the woodlands...honouring the simplicity and harmony of our environment through the tenderness and love as a witch of nature. I feel this represents a fairly accurate description of the importance of connecting with natural energies within the craft.
on 3 February 2014
This is only a short book but it puts its message across in a very interesting way. I also felt good while I was reading it.
on 9 June 2014
I know nothing about hedge witchcraft but found this to be a very accessible introduction to the subject.This book is filled with personal insights and experiences which gives an insight into the writer's experiences with hedge witchcraft. It talks about a variety of related topics although it only touches upon hedge riding. The author does however mention another of their books that deals specifically with that subject The only thing I can find wrong with this book is that it finished too quickly.
on 19 July 2013
Beautifully and humorously written - obviously from the heart and soul. A very real account of life and beliefs merging in a way that brings peace, curiosity and thanks from me as the reader. I look forward to the next one!
on 3 August 2013
I am new to the
craft and trying to find my path. I found this book very informative and it was nice to read how others live their lives rather than just instructions and advice on what to do.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2012
A well-written & informative book for all those interested in learning about witchcraft. Should be read in conjunction with other books in the series.