Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Jul 2012 09:06:28 BDT
Mr. P. Buys says:
Can anyone that has already purchased this particular release please tell: does this also come in a slipcase with slimline jewel case housing the two discs and a booklet with full libretto? (like the recent remasters of Sunset Boulevard and Aspects of Love). Although I have all the original cd releases, being the ALW nut I am, I do not mind adding these remasters to my collection if this is indeed so. Thanks!

Posted on 18 Sep 2012 06:51:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Oct 2012 14:29:56 BDT
Yi-Peng says:
There is a slipcase but it's only an outer cover, like an O. The booklet contains the libretto. In a way I like this packaging more than the slipcase editions of the Lloyd Webber recordings. The libretto booklets were separate from the inlay booklet. So it might be better to have the libretto in the inlay booklet.

And yes these remasters are superb. They sound so much better than the previous CDs. Despite the talk about the Loudness War I know that these reissues haven't committed any Loudness War offences. They still sound dynamic even if they are at a higher volume than the original releases. They still keep their ratio of loud to soft parts.

Posted on 18 Sep 2012 07:49:35 BDT
Mr. P. Buys says:
Thank you so much for this info. My order is in!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2012 14:30:59 BDT
Yi-Peng says:
I know this is outside the topic of Superstar but please can you tell me what you think of the sound of the remastered version of Cats Broadway? I'm pleased that the Broadway cast album of the musical is available in the UK and worldwide. I think it's so much better than the London album with Paige.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  25 Jul 2012
Latest post:  3 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Jesus Christ Superstar
Jesus Christ Superstar by Original Studio Cast (Audio CD - 2012)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (55)