Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Apr 2008 17:26:25 BDT
Andrew Smith says:
I've been wondering, is there much difference in the old PSP and the new one, as there is a £40 money gap in the two.
Please give me reasons for each one!
THANKS

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2008 09:24:54 BDT
R. Thomas says:
i don't think so. i think its just the slim & lite is the newer version

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jul 2008 22:41:44 BDT
other than the weight and the size the new psp has a brighter screen, longer battery life and double the memory so games load faster

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Aug 2008 22:06:14 BDT
Ant says:
The battery in the PSP Lite is 1200 mAh as opposed to 1800 mAh in the old PSP but I found it lasts about the same.
You can buy leads to play the Lite on a telly, av for sound and UMD films, but if you want to play games you need a component cable.
Games do load quicker with the Lite but the UMDs in the Lite also make a high pitch whine when spinning which can be annoying in quiet environments.
Also the speakers have been moved from the bottom to nearer the top but they're still tinny, the WLAN switch has been moved to the top, and the IR has been removed.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2008 20:19:37 GMT
yea the previous post pretty much says it all: its really up to u to consider whether its worth spending £40 for the ability to hook the unit up to a tv so u can play on a real screen and for the fact that the device screen is a bit better. Oh also the difference in weight is astonishing. the new one is MUCH skinnier and lighter

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2008 15:36:01 GMT
Mr. M. Wray says:
Well, I think its designed for a cheaper budget, you know how the Ps2 was abit when it first came out, and then they brought out the new slim designs, plus a stylish look too, altho it really doesnt look that different, just a few side buttons and switches have been moved, and the button to release the hatch for them umd to go in, now you have to use your hands to open it, the compartment for the memory card has moved too, built in speakers have been moved from the bottom to next to the screen, side by side tho..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  2 Apr 2008
Latest post:  28 Nov 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sony PSP 2000 Series Slim and Lite Handheld Console (Black)
Sony PSP 2000 Series Slim and Lite Handheld Console (Black) by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) (Sony PSP)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (75)