Customer Discussions > Halo 3 (Xbox 360) forum

PS3 Owner tempted to Xbox 360

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Mar 2009 20:11:23 GMT
Just bought a 360 Elite and as a very proud PS3 owner im new to all the games and any exclusives they have. What are the best games for the system and any essentials I should buy?

Looking at Halo 3 but anything else?

Many Thanks

Posted on 2 Mar 2009 20:50:59 GMT
Gareth Owen says:
Have owned 27 games. These are the best in my opinion: Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 is a must have if you like shooters, also GRAW2 (ghost recon advanced warfighter). Both Gears of War 1 and 2 are amazing shooters with a difference. Grand Theft Auto IV is also a must-have.

in the end it's down to personal taste....what type of game do you like?

Posted on 3 Mar 2009 08:54:40 GMT
M. Hooker says:
only the gears of war games mentioned in the previous post are exclusives and can be bought on the ps3 anyway. I am in the same position as well I have just purchased a 360 after owning the 60gb ps3 since launch. As for me personally if i buy a multiformat game i usually get it for my ps3 because of the free online play (don't want to pay for xbox live) As for the exclusives i am afraid to admit they seem to be drying up at the moment with microsoft shutting down a lot of it's game studios but the reason why i bought my 360 was for the role playing games like blue dragon and lost odyssey as well as fable 2 and mass effect. I also bought myself crackdown which is like grand theft auto but different because you play a guy who as you play through the game will get stronger so eventually you'll be leaping over buildings and throwing trucks at people. Ace combat 6 is also another reason why i got the 360 and i did get halo 3 as well but it has been collecting dust since my copy of killzone 2 arrived. As for racing there are the forza games but i think it is widely regarded that the gran turismo series is superior. Then there is the newly released halo wars which is a real time strategy based on the halo games according to most reviews it is not as good as command and conquer red alert 3 which is also coming to the ps3 soon with many extra features. The only other exclusive i can think of worth getting excited about is the forthcoming roleplayer: Star Ocean: The Last Hope. It just a sad fact that i am discovering there aren't quite a many exclusives for the 360 that are worth buying as i thought there would be.

Posted on 29 Jun 2009 20:39:18 BDT
Kieran says:
I'm also a owner of a PS3, but I can't help but wonder, I should get a 360? The only thing holding me back is the small matter of: is it really worth it? I'm on the same page as M. Hooker, I don't want to pay for Xbox Live. But Halo 3, Gears of War and Fable 2 do look amazing. But they're the only exclusives that I'd buy, so I'd say to anyone like me buy a few shiny new games instead

Posted on 1 Jul 2009 07:07:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jul 2009 07:15:58 BDT
Goatlips says:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Gaming/lm/R25KJJPH8CE3I4

GTA4 with its 2 Xbox exclusive episodes make it a no-brainer (GTA4 plays better on Xbox than PS3 too. On PS3 the frame-rate can get pretty bad and you often accidently drag out taxi drivers instead of getting in the back of the cab).
Forza 2 (soon Forza 3) is the best driving game yet made (GT3:A-Spec was the best for the Playstation...Playstation 2 that is! GT'5':Prologue is like a GT4 demo disc!).
Halo 3.
3yr console guarantee, FAR better customer sevices than Sony's 'fob them off' attitude.
Xbox Live is 10x better than PSN, you get what you pay for (everyone gets a free 1 month trial).
The Elite is far cheaper than a PS3 and comes with most of the stuff you need (component and HDMI cables, headset...unlike the PS3, which doesn't even have an RGB scart!), you only need to buy a 'Play & Charge Kit'.
Xbox has cheaper games, especially when they're preowned.
Xbox controllers are much better gamepads than the PS3's, which are crippling due to being designed for tiny Jap hands. The Xbox pad is a better/safer design and has proper analogue sticks and triggers. The PS3's buttons are better though and its D-Pad is FAR better!

PS3 exclusive games aren't great (but neither are the extremely overrated 'Gears of War' games). GT5 with its WRC license will be the PS3's only 'killer (must have) app'.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jul 2009 11:07:53 BDT
Ok, well first and foremost as you can see "goatlips" is been very biased with regards to what the PS3 has to offer (have you actually played GTA4 on a PS3?). Donkey.

Now I did this about 7 weeks ago. I'm a PS3 owner since launch (60GB model) and love every second of it. Especially the great PSN (I'm talking call of duty 3/4/wow, killzone online ...i.e. real communities where you can play with all your mates/workmates etc).
I was tempted with the 360 though, I've always been, I'd been playing on 1 of my mates quite regular ever week or so and I did originally have the 1st XBOX console on launch date (alongside my PS2 at the time!).

I bought the 360, after 7 weeks it's been great I must say. Apart from the fact that the console doesn't have wifi and drains batteries on the controllers it is very good.
XBOXLIVE is decent. I got the 1st months free and decided to get 12 months mainly due to the fact that I've become addicted to Halo 3 online (it's even took me off Killzone 2 online for a few weeks). If your worried about whether LIVE just enjoy the trial and see what you feel. The GUI is beautiful on LIVE but it doesn't offer that much more than I thought it would on the PSN (i just needed it for halo you see!).
In regards to games I've got Halo 3, GOW2, GOW, PGR4 and Fight Night 4 (just feels better imo on the360).
In regards to what I will be buying, HALO ODST (think that's the right spelling) and Forza 3.

Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Aug 2009 11:42:52 BDT
I was in the same position a while a go. Ive been a playstation gamer since PS1, and was very happy to get my PS3, but the games such as Mass Effect, Lost Oddesey, Star ocean, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, Oblivion (for DLC), Fallout3 (for DLC, coming at some point to PS3) were enough to make me get a 360 also. Xbox live is amazing, you get what you pay for, lots of games new and old and DLC that is on xbox not PS3 in some cases (eg Tomb Raider Underworld, Oblivion and Fallout3. I use this console on a dailey basis, my PS3 gets used for its exclusives on the whole and some games that i already got before i bought myself an Xbox. I usually think of it this way: PS3- superior hardware, Xbox- superior software/online. A basic comparison i know but thats just my uneducated opinion.

Posted on 15 Dec 2009 03:23:53 GMT
Xbox is about reliable as a drunken gypsy... nuff said

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2009 12:18:03 GMT
you should get left for dead and deadrising 1 they are ace classics hal o3 is good but not something i recommend m8

Posted on 16 Dec 2009 10:38:43 GMT
Best exclusives have to be Gears of War 1

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2009 13:51:31 GMT
mass effect is amazing

Posted on 22 Mar 2010 21:01:36 GMT
Ms. C. Betts says:
I play both the xbox 360 and the ps3 ...I must say the ps 3 is better in my opinion although the games don't seem to come down in price as quick as xbox so a bit more expensive..and I am now having trouble trying to connect ps3 to pc for recording game play...does anyone know what I need to buy ave seen so many products but do they work?

Posted on 1 Apr 2010 00:32:12 BDT
mass effect 1 and 2

Posted on 25 Apr 2010 13:41:01 BDT
Mr. K. Arts says:
go for a 360, i own both and quite frankly the ps3 is pretty shoddy, gta 4, final fantasy 13, and fallout 3 goty all freeze constantly. The best ps3 exclusives are killzone 2 and heavy rain other than that i'm sorely unimpressed.

Posted on 28 Apr 2010 12:50:43 BDT
gabriel71 says:
Join usss join usss...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Halo 3 (Xbox 360) forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  2 Mar 2009
Latest post:  28 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 3 (Xbox 360)
Halo 3 (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (367)