I'm a big fan of this book and there are a lot of good things to say about it:
- It's well written, accessible and an easy read. The type of book you could read in a couple of sittings if you felt like it.
- Hwang assumes no pre-knowledge of Omaha and he takes you through the basics step by step
- Having covered the basics, he follows up with a very decent coverage of how to play the full ring pot limit game
- He also includes short but excellent chapters on limit and pot limit Omaha hi low.
- There is good and appropriate use of humour throughout. The personal stories including his bad beats and unsuccessful excersions to nose bleed hi low games are nicely done.
- A good book for low stakes full ring. If you want to move up the levels, you'll need to read Slotboom, plus look at some training videos
- Equally, don't expect the plays in this book to work at 6-max (as Hwang admits)
- Finally, on the hi-low limit game, Hwang's recommendations are a bit too aggressive for my liking. I'm not convinced his limit game is a winning one. But I guess he's the nosebleed player, not me.....