Colour Name: Yellow and Silver|Change

on 11 January 2014
I had serious reservations about buying this, but trusted in the 4 reviews. I had owned a cheap speaker for my i Pod, whilst working away, but lost it. I didn't want to spend a fortune on something I could leave behind/loose. I wanted a replacement and price was a factor in my decision to buy this unit, in case I lost another.

I like a strong bass sound and doubted this little unit would come anywhere near the level of bass I prefer. However, this unit surprised me. It is unreasonable to expect too much bass, but this little speaker punches above it's weight. The sound quality is surprisingly good. It also can deliver a reasonable volume without noticeable distortion.

The only negative so far is that the built in radio appears to need a very strong signal, and is not easy to tune in. I therefore would not suggest anyone pins their hopes on the performance of the built in radio.

In essence this is speaker is cheap, compact, robust, and it's performance will probably surprise you.
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 September 2014
I bought this for my iPad as the internal speaker on the iPad isn't the loudest in the world and I simply wanted something with a bit more volume.

Effortlessly connected via Bluetooth to my iPad and I fully concur with some previous feedback, it is not the best in the world but for the price it was much better than I expected it to be.

Overall very pleased with it.
on 2 January 2014
for the price its a bargain , sound quality is clear and the bass is thumping . who needs a docking station when you can have one of these . 10 out of 10 fp
on 11 March 2016
Okay so let's start with the design and build quality. Feels great and looks great. Nice weight to it. Great design. Looks stylish and premium. Not an £8 speaker. So far so good.

Decent sound from such a small and budget device. Louder and clearer than a fair few others in this price range. I work in a factory with loud machines and and it does well to do that and partially drown out radio 2 in the background. Get a lot of comments on it being loud so I am very happy with the sound.

Connectivity, functions and ease of use is very good. Buttons all work fine and again doesn't feel cheap. Bluetooth mode, Aux mode, FM Radio mode. Connectivity is very easy via Bluetooth.

Battery life. This is where it doesn't fair too well. Continuous play less than two hours. When it gets to 20% it beeps every minute which interupts play. Really annoying. So you plug it in to charge. Once off it seems to take 2/3 hours however if you plug it in and use it at the same time it can struggle to charge. In my case, I am fine with having it plugged in all the time as I'm close to sockets, but it sometimes struggles to go higher than 50%. Another issue is that the Charger/Aux cable works but it is very short. I need to now buy a longer one to use the device when plugged in. I wonder if a new cable will address simultanious charging and play issues.

To summarise, for the price, it seems to beat the competition and pretty much match battery life with others in this price range. If they could address battery life and ensure full usability while plugged in then I would happily pay more money for this device. Very happy overall with design and sound for this price (£8)
on 28 February 2016
Quiet noisy for a little one and price ordered sat arrived sun day morning (next day) only one fault the instructions are pretty crap also cable very short but good quality or the price cable only about 10 inches
review image
on 3 February 2014
Very good speaker with good quality sound, good weight with a non slip rubber bottom ring. Average battery life but not that bad. Easy connection and control. Loud and clear sound. Very good value for money compared to any other speaker. This is a chinese product but well made and no problems. Has its own controls on bottom with micro sd slot so you can use it on its own. Nice little gadget with a solid build quality and could easily be priced alot higher. Its worth buying. Comes in a white square padded box with small instructions and quite a good quality cable to charge it with. Charge time is tricky as i can not tell when fully charged, the light keeps on red and does not change or notify when fully charged so other than that its fine. It does have a talking voice when turned on and during connection. Another nice feature is that when connected and a text is recieved it will read it out and give the option of a reply and send all voice controlled. A good hands free in the car while driving as its safe. There are many wide choices available regarding such speakers so if you dont mind the chinese accent during connection and turning on the speaker you should find this a happy purchase based on build quality and usage at this price. (very good)
on 14 May 2016
Good little speaker. The only thing when you turn your phone right up it does tend to distort the sound so turning your phone down two notches is perfect. I use mine through my phone . For the price it's excellant value and a decent loudness for the size. I bought another a week later for my kitchen as i was pretty impressed. 4 stars for the simple fact in turning your phone right up does affect sound but overall a canny little speaker. 😁
on 2 December 2014
I bought this on the strength of the reviews as I wanted a cheap Bluetooth speaker for my Iphone. I was frankly amazed when it turned up - its a heavy, solid good looking item which seems pretty robust. It is a turn-on and go device - it paired with my phone automatically when I turned it on, and the sound quality is actually very good - not just good for the price but good when compared to other more expensive speakers. The only down side was that it didn't have any operating instructions but its not too hard to work out whats what, and while the voice that pops up when its connecting or charging is a bit loud I really don't mind it! All in all it is a really impressive bit of kit, great value for money and I've bought another four to give as Christmas Tree presents for my family.
on 6 May 2016
When I saw a friend of mine use this device from his phone, not only was I impressed by the size and stylish look, but the sound quality, bass and volume loudness!
I knew I HAD to get one for myself.

Device is nice, you can increase the volume either at the bottom or turning the bar at the bottom,making it quick and easy.
Volume loudness is top notch!

Bass, the bass is fine. Comparing this speaker to the one hooked up to my pc.
Both have good sound quality, but the pc as better bass SLIGHTLY.
But this should be expected because bluetooth always have weak bass.

but i'm impressed still with the bass,
It is easy to use and set up.
I use the device for my pc.
My pc could not connect at first, but after connecting it to my phone, disconnecting. And then connecting to my pc, it worked perfect!
You can either connect with AUX or USB.

I just love the size, how some compact and useful it is.
4.5/5!
on 23 May 2014
Very poor. Broke the first time I tried to charge the device. Replacement never arrived. Was good until it ran out of battery.