on 22 June 2009
Probably all you need to know is that this is a French version of the wonderful The Very Hungry Caterpillar (as far as I can tell, which isn't very far, it's a good translation). If you /your children like the English version, and you want to nudge them towards picking up some French, or if you want to vary the 900th reading of the English version, this is worth getting.
on 13 February 2012
This French version of 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' seemed like good value for money at just over £5, and the story and illustrations are beautiful, with the French vocabulary being clear and simple enough to be accessible. This story, familiar to English-speaking children, is a great way to introduce/consolidate numbers, fruits, size and days of the week in French. My only criticism is that I would have been happier to pay more for a larger version of this book - maybe in hardback too - to make it easier to use in the classroom. It's quite small, and children had to huddle round to see the pictures!
on 19 February 2010
Wife was looking for this book as a tool to help teach French at school, very pleased to find it and cost.
on 6 July 2012
Having French as my mother tongue, I wanted my daughter to read only French books. That's why I chose to get this English classic translated in French. The translation from English is relatively good. The title "La chenille qui fait des trous" gives some kind of mystery to it.
The only disadvantage is that the book is too small. I would have preferred a larger format.
on 7 April 2015
I bought this as a KS2 primary school teacher because I wanted to read the children the story side-by-side with the english version. The children loved it, and by the end of the story they were reading along in French. I think I'll be buying quite a few more French versions of English picture books.
on 19 September 2015
This isa tiny copy of this publication, but that's my own fault for assuming and not looking more closely. It is too small to use with a class, but can be used to base some early MFL lessons around. I was disappointed with the size.
on 26 March 2013
I work with a french child and this book makes a welcome addition to the preschool so she can see that her home language is just as important as English, good to have a classic story written in another language
on 23 December 2013
A poetic and lyrical translation of one of my favourite children's stories. Although it is small if you wanted to share with a larger group it could be scanned into the computer and projected.
on 9 June 2014
...in every language. I look forward to reading this to my great-nephew in French, just as I read it to his daddy in English and in French nearly 30 years ago.
on 30 August 2013
Great book quite following the Hungry caterpillar ( English version) except the title. For me the title should be "la chenille affamée" to be good translation of the English title. If you don't know any version it's a great book in both version to learn foods, numbers and days of the week in one story.