PC to Macbook - can i transfer an itunes library using this external hard drive?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Oct 2009 16:19:39 BDT
A. Watson says:
I recently had the hard drive on my macbook laptop completely blow. I've had the hard drive replaced now but I have lost all my data from before, most upsettingly my entire i-tunes library, much of which was music bought and downloaded online, as nothing could be recovered. I wanted to copy the itunes library of a friend of mine to give me some music once more and was thinking in investing in a external hard drive to preserve any future losses next time my computer breaks. My friend has a PC and I have a macbook, would it be possible to back up all of his itunes library onto an external hard drive (such as the one being sold here) and then transfer (or copy) this on to my mac computer? Any comments on this would be very very helpful as computers aren't exactly my area of expertise!

Posted on 13 Apr 2010 14:11:11 BDT
D. Toms says:
Did you ever find out if the above works? I am trying to transfer my iTunes library from my old PC to my new Mac and was hoping this would be my answer?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  4 Oct 2009
Latest post:  13 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1TB  USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive by Western Digital
3.8 out of 5 stars   (181)