on 19 March 2011
I bought this software in hope to make me understand how to find the fault when my computer goes wrong. On this disk is a load of different packages which help repair and find faults and correct them. Most are free but come with clauses. For example one program I downloaded was for updates on any hardware. eg.sound card, graphic card, any other drivers. You could only download 2 updates a day and in between each time you pressed to download you had to wait 30 seconds before it started to download. Most of the programs were old and many were redirected to the Cnet site where you can download free software anyway. Dont waste your money.
0Comment53 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2012
I could have used the internet to find better software to solve my problem...what a fool!!!.. the title "PC Engineers Tool Kit" made me think this was the magic CD to solve all problems on my PC
11 comment14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2013
this is a good tool to use to fix problems on laptops or desk tops fixes `faults and its got a lot of tools on it to use
on 12 October 2014
Looks good to begin with, with lots of tools on the disk, but then had issues. PC Wizard pgm was only 2010, so had to download 2014. Then on launch I got msg "pcwiz32 not found, err 53". It still launches but it gets stuck in hardware analyze (about 25% in). There is a Regclean download button but you are stuck with the ongoing scan at 25% that doesn't end. Then there is Ashampoo WinOptimizer6. This gives just a 10 day free trial before you are asked to pay for the full thing. Then there is CPUID pgm which has an "SingleObject error = 258" and then gives you a table with tabs and nothing in it. System Checkup starts 9 tests and looks good and does a lot of useful scans and there are lots of results to fix. But then the bitter pill when you say yes to fix the problems and,,, for £3.99 per month you can. Even the FREE trial asks for your payment details. Finally the Advanced System Care pgm. It has all you need to fix everything and scan everything. Trouble is some of the best tools are not available unless you sign up and pay for the PRO option. You get what you pay for so not getting everything you hoped for after paying SO LITTLE SHOULD BE NO SURPRISE.
on 1 March 2014
This product was not what I expected, it was confusing on load and it did not have the utilities I expected or thought it had. Probably an ok Software if it had more instructions on how to use the disc with it instead of having to download it.
on 8 February 2014
Excellent repaired my laptop problem. I don't understand all the negative feedback if you read the instructions
The works well
on 20 April 2014
Wouldn't even give this item one star!! I advise not to use this to boot your computer or laptop, I tried to boot my laptop which had crashed and this disc totally wiped my hard drive. It has cost me £100 to buy a new hard drive and I have lost months of work - yes I should of backed this work up but not the point.
Would advise you to stay away from this product
on 15 February 2014
please do not buy this as it did nothing for my pc but make noises and stop. recovery my foot
on 16 June 2014
it wiped my pc of everything lost everything how can you sell this product, instructions difficult to understand...should be a warning on cd case ............youi need a degree in computing to make this work. the instructions should be with the box
22 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2014
I know most of the reviews about this were bad but it worked fine for me. I was ready to buy a new laptop but made mine work fine again. It obviously depends on what is wrong with your computer. It defrags your sustem, fixed any issues with internet, speed, security and anything else that causes issues with you system. It scans and repairs. I am happy with it. All I would say is that is keeps trying to see you the upgrade but the freeware is fine.Worth the price.

See one answered question