Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 January 2014
This is the 3rd of Julia Donaldson's books I have bought for my son. I find them a great addition to the little books he brings home from school - possibly a little more stretching and often more fun.

To be perfectly honest my boy isn't always that pleased to be asked to read these (or any other) books, but once he gets started we both enjoy the stories which are always engaging and work on specific areas for phonics development.

The books are well put together and should last a good long time, likely with many readers after we have finished with them. The illustrations (while not quite up to the excellent standard set by Axel Scheffler of Gruffalo fame) are a nice counterpoint to the stories.

Recommended.
on 17 March 2013
I purchased this book for my daughter aged 5 ... She loves it as does my son aged 3. The stories are funny and interesting and when the children are able .. They will be able to read them themselves. I would recommend this book
on 17 January 2013
Lovely book and my grandson really liked the rhymes and rhythms and the quirky pictures. Great as a story book as well as educational when learning to read.
on 29 April 2013
What can i say? Good, fantastic, marvelous, splendid, wonderful, fabulous, amazing, magnificent (i might be over exaggerating a bit lol) : ) I love this product and i recomend it
on 29 September 2015
I think these are slightly harder than the individual books at this level but I love the series
on 15 October 2013
These are really great books for getting the kids to enjoy reading, and they match exactly the school curriculum, which means you can give your child extra help with their reading without compromising what they are already learning. Also has tips for parents in how to read them and the areas of learning they cover.
on 15 October 2013
on 11 December 2012
On the whole I think the Songbirds series is better than the traditonal ORT series and way, way better than the awful Rigby Stars my daughter brings home from school. I was rather shocked, though, that in this particular book, I saw the word 'fishes'. I do think that a reading scheme should be using correct plurals.
on 16 November 2014
I bought the whole series from level 1 to level 6. Good fun books to help our 4 year old read (level 1). They follow the national curriculum so you can give your child extra help with their reading without compromising what they are already learning. Great stories as you'd expect from Julia Donaldson.
on 16 November 2014