Most helpful critical review
2 of 4 people found the following review helpful
on 24 September 2014
These books are awful. Our school used them, but my children didn't get on with them, so I read Peter and Jane books with them instead, which are so much better.
1) The books have very few words in them, they are mainly pictures.
2) They don't build on the words that the children have learned (unlike P&J books)
3) Random words are thrown in, which the children haven't covered in their vocabulary, however, they are not useful words, so they are soon forgotten
4) i disliked the positive discrimination, where the ethnic minority children are impeccably behaved, but if there are any bad children, they are always white
5) What horrible names; have you ever heard of a girl called Biff? Biff is what you do when you hit something.