- Flexibound: 1088 pages
- Publisher: OUP Oxford; 2 edition (26 Mar. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0199234353
- ISBN-13: 978-0199234356
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 3.8 x 10.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 17,773 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Oxford Handbook of Palliative Care (Oxford Medical Handbooks) Flexibound – 26 Mar 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, and more.
This is more than just a reference book: it is full of information on both the theoretical background of palliative care and the practical aspects of prescribing, symptom control and other aspects of managing this sometimes complex group of patients...It also includes useful chapters on palliation of non-malignant disease, an area that is often overlooked. (BMA Medical Book Competition 2010)
...a remarkable book that will be useful for hospice and pallative care professionals as well as other readers. (Doody's Notes)
I would highly recommend it to everyone who is involved in end-of-life care.The book helped me to find the answers for questions and dilemas re palliative care.I read the whole book at once - I could not stop till the last page. (Amazon.co.uk Review)
With a broadened remit to be accessible to non-medical readers this book is a resource for allied healthcare professionals as well as those from non-palliative care backgrounds. It provides a thorough grounding in the principles of holistic palliative care and a comprehensive summary of the pharmacological and non-pharmacological approaches to symptom management. The Oxford Handbook of Palliative Care 2nd edition provides an easy, accessible and applicable reference guide for healthcare professionals. It provides a thorough grounding in the principles of holistic palliative care. (European Journal of Palliative Care Medicine)
Highly commended in the medicine category of the British Medical Association Book Awards 2010See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Finally, as I come from a non English speaking Country, I was a bit puzzled with the new wave of using double-sex pronouns (he/she), as if the male pronouns couldn't be used with a sexual independent meaning (e.g. manhood).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Arrived promptly. Very useful book,will refer to it frequently in my day to day work,covers all I need to know.Published 19 months ago by Manda H.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Nursing
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Anaesthetics
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Nursing
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Anaesthetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Nursing
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Reference