Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 June 2010
I bought this book as I decided I need some contact manager software for my small business, and as I already ran Outlook it seemed like the easiest bet.

But having no previous experience with BCM I wanted something to get me started, and I have had great results with the Dummies series before.

And this booked delivered exactly what I needed - after a couple of hours of reading I felt like I really undertsoood how BCM worked, and it meant, rather than the week I was expecting to spend setting up my BCM database, it only took two days.

So a great intro for anyone, my only negative would be the fact that sharing a BCM database is a pretty complex thing (seems like you need an MS degree in SQL Databases!), and this was an area that, for me, was not covered in enough detail in this book.

But apart from that, full marks!
on 11 January 2010
Not much to say other than I found the book easy to read. I could dip in and out of the topics I wanted to explore. I found it helped me to get started using a management tool, that on the face of it could be quiet complicated but it wasn't. Business Contact Manager is an excellent tool and this book helps you to get going in the right way.
on 29 January 2011
Having read this book recently it wasn't the easiest read. The author has mixed up BCM 2007 and 2010. Some of the text and diagrams are misleading. The general content is OK but be prepared for some headaches. Not the best book on BCM.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 April 2013
The book covers all the basic areas and is helpful in getting up speed quickly.
It would have been benefical if it included more help in integrating it into a business