Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£4.62

on 26 October 2014
Save me from "Frat-Boy in Space!!!!!!!!!" Mindset ...

I kind of got into the Star For e series almost against my will; the narrative was amateurish and the chief progenitor "Colonel" Kyle Riggs was irritating. Somehow though, there was an underlying rough-diamond charm to many characters. Mainly though, it was the storyboard itself; a great central Arc (deadly machines! What's not to like :) and interesting subsidiary themes always gave the novels enough to maintain interest ....

Enter "Cody" Riggs for this generational reload of the series. Cody is basically a Frat-Boy; ignorant, egotistic, pig-headed and self-opinionated. There is nothing likeable about this character and, as the book continues, I found myself growing increasingly irritated that I was having to suffer the tribulations of this insufferable idiot.

Ok, the main story is re-ignited; there's a hint of a Jack Cambell-esque "Lost Fleet" . There's new aliens and new threats. But.....

I cannot get over the fact that I loathe the principal character. Even though I believe the author means Cody to be venal (and I suspect we will see the inevitable maturing of his personality) - it's not enough. I will not be purchasing any more Star Force.
on 27 August 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed all the books in the Star Force series and found them difficult to put down. The story taking you along with it and wanting to know what happens next. This book is the start of a new generation with Cody becoming the main character and it hasn't disappointed. I'm only sorry that the next in the series isn't available because I want to read it now! As I can't do that yet I must just wait until the authors have had time to write it and I look forward to its publication, hopefully in the near future.
on 15 September 2014
A nice wee read once again with a twist to the tried and tested Riggs formula. The only snagging issue I have is the crew lost in space theme. It just feels a little over used just now but with new characters, the entire Star Force series, and old favourites in the mix it's still a good read.

Looking forward to more from BVL and DVD, maybe time for a new allied race thought that bring core characters.
on 21 August 2014
I like this guys imagination. The humour the plots the characters and the environment are all part of a good science fiction story. Some of the plots you can associate with things that have happenned on earth in earlier times but altered very well to be part of a future civilisation and its technology which really stretches the imagination. Brilliant series
on 14 September 2014
Another amazing book in an incredible series - i cannot get enough of B.V. Larson's books and I am looking forward to reading David VanDykes other works.

Am really hoping their will be more books in this amazing series - i have thoroughly enjoyed the series so far! Lets hope we do not have to wait too long!

- Stuart Olds
on 21 January 2015
I loved the page turning yarn of the last saga and was hoping more could be made of it. I happy to now find the author has exceeded my expectations. While bringing a few older characters in for continuity, the have developed a new set without losing the tempo of the previous books. An excellent addition I can't wait for the next instalment
on 4 June 2014
This book is in the same genre and style of the earlier star force series. It is fast paced, stimulating and good sci fi. There have been some reviews knocking it, but I can't see why because just like the earlier books once you start reading it you just can't stop.

Im very much looking forward to the next in the series.
on 15 May 2014
The story of Riggs ended in book 9, and this is a fresh chapter in the Star Force universe. It's not really a continuation as such, as it's set a few years in the future following his son.

It's rather good and immensely enjoyable anyway, new enemies to fight, new enemies to destroy.
on 15 June 2014
i've always imagined using nanites and constructing fleets on asteroids, so this series was a fantastic find,read them all solidly and loved every bit. absolutly excellent example of sci-fi, cant wait for more!
on 19 August 2014
Excellent books well written and I hope you continue to write them. In this book the use of the son was truly brilliant can't wait for the second instalment of Cody Riggs.