Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) forum

Out of stock everywhere exept.....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Apr 2008 20:12:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Apr 2008 22:14:49 BDT
Tesco's stores... not online but due to tesco stores never taking pre-orders there will be a fair few in stock, personally i ordered mine from amazon in november 2007 so i will be ok!!! Plus its not amazon's fault for not having enough but the game manufacturer's distributers... they have only made 750,000 copies for the World's PS3 on release day!!! with another 1.5 million copies for 7th May..... amazon get 23% of them 750,000 work it out...... they only say 29th at first because the revised date comes from the manufacturer's distributers then they can update it.... ITS NOT AMAZON's FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS HAPPENS ON EVERY PRE-ORDER SITE IN THE WORLD.... and furthermore if you selected free delivery you must expect your order later, its not first come first served in that respect even if you pre-ordered monts ago, amazon is treating you fairly, why should ppl ordering first class get it after free delivery..... your all talking nonsense .... you get what you pay for!!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2008 06:14:30 BDT
D. Campbell says:
Where did you get your figures from? If Amazon are getting 172,500 copies then no one would have a problem getting one. As at last Friday they had received 9800 preorders but had only received 9400 copies from the manufacturer. This is why some people were getting dispatch dates in May (as they had been moved to the second batch). As people cancel or change their orders their allocated place becomes available to others and that is why when someone then places an order they get that allocation. If everyone just placed their order, then did nothing they would all be dispatched in date received order. I placed my order in March, was given a dispatch date of 28th Apr. I then applied a gift cert and was moved to second batch. On Friday I was able to place a second order which again was being dispatched today (Mon 28th) for delivery tomorrow.

This is all because people are tinkering with their orders. If you get moved to the second batch, you do not get moved back to batch one, your allocation is given to the next person who orders. (I found this out the hard way)

Order Date: 12 Mar 2008
Order #: 026-XX46XXX-XX95XXX
Recipient: D Campbell
Items not yet dispatched:
Delivery estimate: 6 May 2008 - 7 May 2008

Order Date: 25 April 2008
Order #: 026-XX96XXX-XX93XXX
Recipient: D Campbell
Items dispatching soon:
Delivery estimate: 29 April 2008 - 30 April 2008

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2008 09:44:25 BDT
Adam says:
I learned the hard way too!!

Although the good ppl at amazon did give me £5 giftcard to apologise for the system error.

Should get my copy Tomorrow!!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2008 15:06:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Apr 2008 15:07:19 BDT
amazon as a company not just UK, so usa, europe etc...

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2008 18:45:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Apr 2008 18:46:21 BDT
D. Campbell says:
you said "....they have only made 750,000 copies for UK PS3 on release day!!! with another 1.5 million copies for 7th May..... amazon get 23% of them 750,000 work it out..."
Your comment stated UK PS3. Amazon received under 10000 pre orders as at last Friday, I know because I was on the phone asking them about it. There may well be 750,000 copies made for tomorrows release day, but Amazon received less than 10000 of them.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2008 22:14:02 BDT
oops... i did mean to put amazon as a whole
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  27 Apr 2008
Latest post:  28 Apr 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) by Rockstar (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (383)