Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 November 2010
The only thing I knew about Otters before reading this was that , they lived in Holts and were quite cute. This book tells all you need to know about an interesting and elusive creature. Who knew that once they were mistaken for things as strange as Leopards and even a Brontosaur? Nicely presented book too. Look forward to reading more in this series.
on 18 September 2011
This is a top class book with masses of information which is easy to understand and i would recommend this book to anyone who wants to further their knowledge of this beaufiful animal.
on 25 August 2011
Purchased this after reading the good review in the Guardian. Well what can be said about Terry Nutkin's "favorite" animal?! Never knew this enchanting animal had such history behind it. The author does an excellent job of keeping keeping the book accessible and interesting for the layman. Lovely colour photographs and beautiful illustrations make this more than just a collection of "facts". I look forward to reading more from the Animal series.
on 10 July 2014
An interesting and informative take on the world of everything Otter. With this book Dr Allen really earns his badge of 'otter expert'! I especially liked otters in the media, bring back find childhood memories.
on 27 December 2012
If you want to know about otter ecology, behaviour etc. you'll have to look somewhere else.
Loads of interesting stuff on otter hunting and history but this wasn't what I was looking for . I skimmed through my copy and resold as I didn't think I'd look at it again.