- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Seal Press (15 April 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1580052452
- ISBN-13: 978-1580052450
- Product Dimensions: 17.5 x 13.7 x 1.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (12 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 90,318 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
He's a Stud, She's a Slut and 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know Paperback – 15 Apr 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
For a lot of people, feminism is either a dirty word, or something attained by women getting into management.
I gave this book to my 21 year old daughter, in part to conpensate for this lack of public debate; and she loved it. Valenti can communicate to younger readers in a clear and direct way. This is an easily digested book that highlights society's double standards.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
How can a person view the world from such a parochial perspective? Miss. Valenti writes as though no double-standards exist to the detriment of men; that somehow, a woman's sexual... Read morePublished 15 months ago by Thorium
How about the double standard that men are given longer sentences than women, for the same crime?
Or how about the fact that many men have to pay child support, even... Read more
I'll give you a double standard. A real problem.
MGM is legal every Western country while FGM is illegal in all of them.
Must be the f***ing patriarchy. Read more
This book tell and show the difference and say it shows that. Great book. Have a great read. Great book.Published on 1 Jan. 2014 by Ashley Boyd
Jessica Valenti's attempt to explore double standards in society's treatment of men and women is another nail in the coffin of Third Wave Feminism as a cohesive movement. Read morePublished on 28 Oct. 2009 by Neutral
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Social
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Women in History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Civil Liberties & Political Activism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Women's Studies > Feminist Criticism