Whole Prey Orijen Adult Dog Food made with cage-free Cobb chicken and turkey, eggs and wild caught fish is a biologically appropriate diet for fully-grown dogs of all breeds and sizes.
Orijen dog food is made in Alberta, Canada by an independent family-owned company from fresh Canadian ingredients. Orijen follows a new concept in pet nutrition: biologically appropriate dog food.
A biologically appropriate dog food matches the anatomy of the dog, keeping in mind today's modern lifestyle of regular feeding and less movement which results in a reduced caloric requirement.
Orijen dog food is different from other pet foods:
- Higher protein content from fresh meat
- Contains no cereals
- Few carbohydrates
- Rich in fruits and vegetables
- Herbs and probiotic bacteria to promote health
High protein content from fresh meats: Dogs are naturally carnivores; their short digestive tract is designed to consume and metabolize a meat-based, protein-rich diet low in carbohydrates. Dogs are very effective at utilizing protein as a source of energy. Only a meat-based food ensures the optimal health and vitality of your dog. Orijen dog food contains at least 80% meat, featuring regional Canadian ingredients that arrive at the factory fresh - never frozen or dried.
- Fresh Canadian chicken: easily digestible proteins and fats
- Fresh Canadian turkey: provides essential amino acids and natural vitamin B3
- Freshly caught lake whitefish (Coregonus clupeaformis) from Canadian lakes
- Freshly caught Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha): high levels of activated omega-3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA) for healthy skin and a shiny coat
- Fresh eggs from Canadian farms: high quality protein, lutein and zeaxanthin to help reduce risk of chronic eye diseases