Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 58 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jul 2012 22:06:16 BDT
N. Royle says:
Just ordered one of these! Hope it arrives soon!

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 08:15:08 BDT
As have I - hope we're not testers on this new one and that all works as expected out the box!

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 09:23:44 BDT
N. Royle says:
There's a risk that we are testers - but based on the feedback on Amazon from customers of A1CS relating to their other models of tablets I have ultimate faith that they will respond positively to any issues quickly.

Posted on 10 Jul 2012 12:23:20 BDT
Stu says:
I'm very interested in buying one of these but am reluctant to buy one until it has been reviewed. Would be very interested in seeing your reviews of this tablet once you have tried it out.

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 00:05:39 BDT
N. Royle says:
No problem Stu - I'll probably leave a 'first impressions' comment tomorrow sometime and a fuller review after the weekend when I've had more time to fully evaluate!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 00:14:31 BDT
N. Royle and S.B Parsons, i too would love to hear your feedback on this tablet, so if you can find the time to do a review that would be great. Ideally after at least a few days, so that you can more accurately rate battery performance and whatnot.

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 10:00:49 BDT
As I'm in the Republic of Ireland I had to get it shipped to a friend in NI. I'll only be receiving it after the weekend but will post up a review a few days after that. It's a bit worrying though that there are now none being shipped... (i.e. out of stock already - doesn't sound good)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 13:48:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Jul 2012 13:48:42 BDT
Stu says:
Thankyou!

The Onda Dual Core tablet looks to be almost identical.

Onda Vi40 Dual Core - 9.7'' Ultra thin Metal Casing 9.8mm IPS Display 1.5GHz dual core Cortex A9 CPU&GPU Android 4.0 ice cream sandwich Tablet PC 1GB RAM DDR3 HDMI 32GB, new google play store, flash player supported

But, again, there are no reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 13:49:04 BDT
Stu says:
Thankyou!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 14:14:23 BDT
N. Royle says:
Mine is still in transit - unfortunately first class post is not what it was!

A1CS have told me they only had a limited initial stock which has now sold out.

I also considered one of the Onda tablets but was put off by the fact that the seller Dracotek appear to be based out of China - http://www.dracotek.com/contacts

The A1CS tablets appear to be shipped from the UK.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 14:48:14 BDT
Stu says:
Thanks for the update. DracoTek shipping from Chimna is putting me off, too. Two weeks for it to arrive, and two weeks each way if you have problems and need to exchange it. You're right about A1CS, they are based in, or near Durham, and seem to respond to customer problems promptly.

Oh well, will just have to be patient to see if they have more stock soon.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 15:21:51 BDT
N. Royle says:
Drop them a mail. Definitely worth asking when they are expecting more stock.

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 16:16:55 BDT
Mr. CJ Pardo says:
Hi Guys,

I contacted A1CS yesterday about this, as I've just bought the Xtra (due to the doubled storage) and then saw this was available. They mentioned to me:

"We are expecting second batch of tablets over this week itself."

So I don't imagine we'll have too long to wait.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2012 18:57:22 BDT
Stu says:
Thanks for the update.

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 22:58:33 BDT
Chris A says:
Hurrah!!!!

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 14:18:15 BDT
Stu says:
Back in stock, so have just ordered one.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2012 15:14:28 BDT
N. Royle says:
Received mine this morning. Only had a quick play with it because I'm at work. First impressions are good. It took me a few minutes to locate the power button - unfortunately the manual supplied was incorrect for the model of tablet; but A1CS have sent me another manual in PDF format by email very quickly.

They've also told me they have released a firmware update which improves the touch screen response massively - this wasn't an issue that I was aware existed!

Wifi coverage is probably the most burning question - at the moment I can't give a reasonable answer because my desk at work is directly below one of our corporate Wifi hotspots.

Contents of the box were the tablet itself, a manual, a couple of screen protectors, USB adaptor, USB cable and mains adaptor.

I ordered the leather case for the Premium model which fits but the power button is obscured - I'll probably make another hole in the case to fix this issue - not sure how long it will be before a 'correct' case is made available.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2012 15:16:19 BDT
Stu says:
Thanks for the update.

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 18:10:55 BDT
Thanks for the update N Royle. I've just ordered mine too! Saw they had them back in stock earlier than expected so I couldn't help myself! The combination of A1cs & Amazon's customer service meant I was more than happy to take a leap of faith on this one. Will report back with my impressions once it arrives and I've had some time with it

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2012 21:27:10 BDT
come on n. royle... is it any good?. I ordered one today...

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 22:10:36 BDT
N. Royle says:
First impressions are pretty good - I've not had much chance to use it unfortunately because work got in the way today in the office and then this evening.

I am new to Android (previously used Windows and Apple devices) so it's a learning curve. However a couple of colleagues who are more familiar with Android tablets were very positive - with comments like "it's a lot of tablet for the money".

Wifi signal doesn't seem to be an issue - my house is over 3 floors and I have a Wifi access point in both the ground and 2nd floor - when sitting in the ground floor I can get a 5/5 signal for the ground floor Wifi and a 2-3/5 signal for the 2nd floor.

Only negative comment is the case I ordered - A1CS did warn me it's not for this model, and the power button cutout in the case isn't in the right place - unfortunately neither are the volume controls etc. I'll probably be sending the case back and just make do with a slip in Neoprene case for now.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2012 22:17:38 BDT
P. Cinnamond says:
sorry as we are using you as a Ginny pig could u answer if it still has a metal back and how long did it take to deliver and have you tried the Bluetooth yet thanx

Posted on 12 Jul 2012 22:19:58 BDT
N. Royle says:
1. It has a white plastic back.
2. I ordered Monday night, it was shipped on Tuesday and delivered today. It was sent Royal Mail first class signed for (Recorded) but was not trackable.
3. Not tried bluetooth yet.

Posted on 13 Jul 2012 01:08:51 BDT
Looking at the spec, it looks identical to the Window N90 (or Yuandao N90) and i would say the plastic back with power button on the back, pretty much confirms it is, maybe it has just been re-branded, however that wouldn't be a problem at all for me as the N90 gets some very good reviews, there's a few on you tube see here http://youtu.be/nrhkBZspN4M i'm hoping A1CS is sending me one of these out soon, as replacement for the Fusion 5 premium i returned to them. @N Royle, when you have time could you test the battery life, and also if you have an update on the Jelly bean or ICS 4.0.4 (Window N90 already has ICS 4.0.4 installed) that would be great, many thanks.

Posted on 13 Jul 2012 13:15:10 BDT
Chris A says:
Disappointed to hear it has a plastic back as the premium has a nice metal back (painted silver). The premium was a lovely tablet bar the wifi issue, I hope I don't regret returning it. Please submit a more through review as the premium+ are now in stock again and I have just returned my premium (poor wifi) in the hope of getting one of these. Also power button on the back is an odd place to put it, does this work OK in practice?

Questions:-
1. Is contruction solid despite plastic back
2. Does wifi work at reasonable distance from router
3. Is the screen touch response good or laggy and imprecise
4. Processor speed are there any noticible lags in operation, e.g. swiping images, starting software etc
5. any other noticble glitches such as red screen flashes around border, stuttering of video, short battery life etc etc.

In summary is the premium+ really better than the premium?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A1CS FUSION5 PREMIUM+ TABLET PC - 9.7" IPS SCREEN - DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR - ANDROID 4.1.1 JELLY BEAN - 16GB - DUAL-CAMERA - NEW DESIGN -JELLY BEAN - HARDER REAR PANEL
A1CS FUSION5 PREMIUM+ TABLET PC - 9.7" IPS SCREEN - DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR - ANDROID 4.1.1 JELLY BEAN - 16GB - DUAL-CAMERA - NEW DESIGN -JELLY BEAN - HARDER REAR PANEL by A1CS
4.2 out of 5 stars   (148)