Ordered it from Xpress Trading last night and a bit concerned now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Nov 2009 10:56:01 GMT
KaraNagai says:
The price of 1K pounds is unbelievable, but is it actually Canon EOS 5D Mark II? Why there is a blank shield shown instead "Mark II" shield on the picture? And how to explain such a low price?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2009 15:28:56 GMT
Hi

i was contacted by the seller today and iam not sure whether is genuine or not.Has the seller conatacted u about the product.Pl keep us updated about ur outcome
thanks

Posted on 23 Nov 2009 16:29:50 GMT
KaraNagai says:
Hi,
No, the seller did not contact me. I contacted amazon.co.uk customer support by email and they say that they could confirm that the order was made and this is pretty much everything. On the other hand, I don't see this order in my account's "Open and Recently Placed Orders" any more from this morning. So I can't even contact the seller. Weird.

Posted on 24 Nov 2009 10:32:08 GMT
KaraNagai says:
They cancelled the order at the end.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2009 12:47:26 GMT
GlobalTrader says:
Hey KaraNagi - out of interest, who cancelled the order the seller, amazon or you? I was about to make a similar order when I came across this thread so am interested to know. Did you make any payment/money transfers?

Posted on 24 Nov 2009 12:59:14 GMT
GlobalTrader says:
Hi All - just to confirm, this is definitely a scam. I just found the following site/blog (http://www.moskalyuk.com/blog/amazon-marketplace-scam/786) and this mentions several cases of the same set up. Thankfully I haven't parted with any money for this so will just ignore the seller. Hopefully you all managed to escape too.

Posted on 24 Nov 2009 14:50:06 GMT
KaraNagai says:
GlobalTrader, I did not cancel the order. I got two contradicting emails from amazon.co.uk support. One saying that they cancelled the order because the merchant could not process the payment and another one saying that the merchant cancelled the order himself. The latter one was a response to my second email to the support guys asking where is the item on my "recent orders" list.

The seller did not try to contact me. And I did not try to contact the seller.

And thank you for the link!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2009 15:22:25 GMT
Shonky says:
It is definitely an attempted scam, Xpress trading listed a Sony KDL 40W5500U LCD TV on Saturday 21st for 411 which was approx 300 cheaper than anyone else, tried to order it but was told that they didn't deliver to my address which considering I live in middle england 2 mins from M1 seemed a bit odd so I E mailed Amazon to try and get a reason for this who put me in touch with the seller. A few E mails went Backwards & Forwards which ended up with me being sent a very authentic Amazon Auto confirm E mail telling me to transfer cash via 'MoneyGram' to an address in Italy where upon receipt I would get my TV within two days. Tried to let Amazon know about the Scam and they didn't seem very interested which I find quite sad since hey have been pulled up for it before by Watchdog. They should do more for Security & alerts to warn the innocent shopper of such scams as Global trader quite rightly points out in their link which shows this has been going on for a few years.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2009 15:25:44 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 24 Nov 2009 15:25:59 GMT]

Posted on 25 Nov 2009 14:37:12 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Nov 2009 14:38:27 GMT
real me says:
Yes, I was also involved in this stupid scam! The same thing is happening. He is in Italy. I thought the email i got was from amazon. Oh dear...Be careful with this seller golfcollector@live.com

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2009 15:01:08 GMT
real me says:
Yes... exactly what i did yesterday! OMG I can't believe it! I hope amazon can do something to protect buyers like us. One more thing, when you reply to the email auto-confirm@amazon.co.uk it will give different address than the one amazon usually send... sigh...

Posted on 26 Nov 2009 09:55:29 GMT
J. O'brien says:
Yes, definitely a scam. He's trying to get me to pay by MoneyGram to Italy. I'm still stringing him along.

I've informed Amazon, but apart from a standard reply have heard nothing.

Posted on 26 Nov 2009 10:09:00 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Nov 2009 10:21:27 GMT
real me says:
Do you think we can report this to the police? we have their address, and name... or do they constantly change names? Apparently this scan has been going on since 2005 if you read through the blog Globaltrader has given.. I have just lost 360.. and am still really dissapointed with myself!

Posted on 26 Nov 2009 10:39:42 GMT
real me says:
http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx i think we can report it to the international crime complaint.. as it is now spreading worldwide. they used to use to a London address, based on the blog provided earlier.

Posted on 17 Dec 2009 20:44:16 GMT
TEL says:
Hi who is the m/d of amazon he needs to do something about the scams
going on in this web site before we cancel orders and accounts

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2012 01:05:16 GMT
They tried to scam me as well. Any site that is listed as 'just launched' should be eyed with suspicion. They are swarming Amazon.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  22 Nov 2009
Latest post:  20 Mar 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Canon Digital SLR Camera EOS 5D Mark II
Canon Digital SLR Camera EOS 5D Mark II by Canon
4.6 out of 5 stars   (45)