Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) forum

GTA Order Dispatched Yesterday (1st Class) but NOT ARRIVED?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Apr 2008 17:33:38 BDT
POST YOUR ANGER HERE!!! I'm SO ANNOYED!! I could have bought a copy today from any number of high street stores, but they're all £9 more than Amazon...

Post a message here and we can gripe together...I hope it arrives tomorrow......

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 17:38:24 BDT
Joe Mcglynn says:
Im with you my disgrunteled friend ad it pre-ordered since 9th a feb 1st class n it ant arrived well annoyed

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 17:53:56 BDT
Same here, had it pre-ordered months ago and no arrival. Not happy!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 18:02:48 BDT
loonytoon says:
I actually complained to them about it and got a useless response:

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

First, let me apologise for this situation.

We know that many of our customers are anxious to have " Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition (PS3)" delivered to them on the day of release.

I've checked your order to confirm that the item "Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition (PS3)" was dispatched on time for release date delivery to the following address:

(address hidden)

We had dispatched many orders for release date delivery, as the item "Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition (PS3)" has proven to be very popular. In this instance, we request you to check with your local delivery office, as they might be having your package.

Please understand that we usually allow 1-2 business days for First Class Royal Mail to deliver your order within UK, although regrettably there can sometimes be unforeseen delays.

We're happy to provide tracking information for our customers when possible, but Royal Mail deliveries do not have tracking numbers.

Please rest assured that your package is on its way and that we are willing to do everything we can to make sure you receive your order.

We take full responsibility should any item become lost or damaged while being delivered, and we are more than happy to replace these items at a cost to ourselves.

Please rest assured that we will investigate this matter at length with appropriate department and taking the appropriate action to ensure that this situation never arises again. Our customers are important to us and on behalf of Amazon I thank you for your patience in this matter.

If your package do not arrive by May 06, 2008, please contact us again via the following link and we will take further action.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 18:04:12 BDT
loonytoon says:
Just let me add that I ordered this in November... plenty of time to get it right

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 18:06:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Apr 2008 18:07:23 BDT
I still havent got mine yet. And thats despite the fact i only live two miles from the amazon warehouse and it dispatched yesterday. And i ordered in july!!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 18:10:41 BDT
Not amazons fault, they dispatched it in enough time. You should direct your complaints at royal mail as they are they ones in charge of your parcel, not amazon. 1st class is classed as next day delivery by royal mail, amazon dispatched it yesterday.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 18:12:14 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2008 20:58:11 BDT
Billy Budd says:
Me too. They say it was sent yesterday but nothing in today's post.

I probably won't be pre-ordering a game from Amazon again unless it's much cheaper than the high street - Much better to be able to walk into a shop and pick it up from the counter.

EDIT: It arrived on the 30th April, which was the date it was estimated when I checked the email. All's well that ends well.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 19:19:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Apr 2008 19:23:04 BDT
loonytoon says:
First class is not next day delivery guaranteed. I contacted Royal Mail and they told me personally that first class can take up to 15 days... Amazon should've shipped them out on Sunday night as expected to allow adequate time for Royal Mail to sort everything out to allow more people the opportunity to receive it today. They failed to do so and in that failed to satisfy their customers who will now most likely take their business elsewhere in cases like this in future.

Only those close to main sorting offices around the UK will have received their copies on time, those who have to go through more than one will have to wait. If someone is told that their item will arrive by a certain date Amazon must've had confirmation from Royal Mail as to when they would arrive.

So it is in theory the fault of Amazon for saying that the items would arrive.

From the Royal Mail website:

What are the delivery times for First Class?
We aim to deliver most First Class mail by the next working day, including Saturdays. If you're sending mail far away, catch the early morning post so it's more likely to be delivered the next working day.

If I post my First Class item early in the morning, is it guaranteed to get there the next day?
Although we aim to deliver mail the next working day, we cannot guarantee delivery times. We recommend our Special Delivery™ 9.00am service or Special Delivery™ Next Day if you want to guarantee next day arrival.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 21:30:12 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Apr 2008 21:39:59 BDT
Im pretty sure that most of your orders said "delivery estimate 29th-30th April" like mine did so Amazon still have time to deliver it. They never said anywhere that delivery would be guarenteed on April 29th.

Like you say, first class is not classed as next day delivery.

If it doesn't arrive tomorow then people can complain.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 21:48:48 BDT
loonytoon says:
My order was 29th April and nothing else... although they're estimated, they did get the hopes of many up. I actually sat home all day in case I missed the delivery... now it's gonna be more of the same tomorrow. Can't move until it arrives because that would mean another day of waiting.

I think the worst thing is that there are numerous people who got theirs on Super Saver Delivery while those who paid extra are still empty handed

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 00:21:13 BDT
S. Tall says:
I am feeling very sorry for you. I only preorded this game on the 27th of may and got it release day at 10:00

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 07:54:42 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 2 May 2008 11:35:32 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 10:11:08 BDT
loonytoon says:
If I did I wouldn't be sitting here installing it right now... I bet your crying ass would be sitting all day waiting for it if it hadn't arrived too

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2008 10:14:08 BDT
N. Jones says:
my estimated delivery date was the 29th and i waited all day for the knock at my door and it never came :( but then i went out to get some rizzla and realised it had been posted and i had it all along. what im trying to say is although i feel ur pain and immense frustration i actually dont cus i have my copy and will be having it large once again today. ha ha ha
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  29 Apr 2008
Latest post:  30 Apr 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) by Rockstar (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (279)