on 5 September 2013
I bought this game for my son's 3rd birthday, he can count in order but doesn't recognise numbers by sight yet so I thought this would be a great game for him.

I've bought orchard toys games before so I know that they are of excellent quality and this game is no exception. The card that this game is made from is thick and the printing is of high quality so they will withstand repeated use and are very unlikely to bend or break unless seriously mistreated. All the pieces of a good size.

Each numbered piece of the caterpillar has a colour which matches the colour of the feet on the caterpillar, so even without knowing the order a child can put the piece in the right place. The piece also has spots around the outside corresponding to the number on the card so if the player doesn't know what the number is they can count the spots to work it out, which I think is a great feature.

We have played this game twice now and from knowing no numbers by sight he can now recognise a number 3. Overall I think this a great game, well worth buying for children as a fun way to learn to count and recognise numbers. The simplicity and good design of this game make it ideal for some fun learning about numbers. I would definitely recommend it!
on 5 October 2014
Lovely for ordering to 10 but hard to use on the carpet - needs to lie flat - and not much room on a table as each caterpillar is quite long. Lovely though.
on 20 March 2015
Brilliant at developing my two year old grandchildren's ability to count, order the numbers from 1 - 10, etc. The only drawback is that the interlocking jigged caterpillar number lines do come apart easily if knocked, causing a frustrating halt to the game whilst being set up again!
This is a good game for little ones who are learning numbers. It helps the child to learn numbers one through to ten, and incorporates the use of colours also. My (only just) three year old really enjoys it, and started using it when she was about 2 1/2. Like lots of toddlers she could count out loud, but needed to learn recognition on paper. This game has helped her no end with this in a fun way.

Another great game from Orchard Toys.

Recommended.
on 8 June 2015
This is an excellent game. My daughter kept forgetting number 9 - but now is able to recognise all her numbers 1-10. A fun, easy and quick game. We have a lot of Orchard Toys and this is now our favourite. Highly recommended
on 30 December 2015
good game - as you would expect from Orchard - can be a bit fiddly for little fingers putting the base boards together - they are in four parts and fit together like a jigsaw puzzle - great for number recognition
on 11 December 2015
Another brilliant Orchard toy. Can be played as a game or used like a jigsaw and the numbers on the pieces are a great way to learn to start counting. Good quality, solid product that will last - great value.
on 10 January 2015
Our two year old granddaughter enjoyed sorting the caterpillars and saying the colours as she put them together. I am sure when she is a little older she will equally enjoy playing the game.
on 29 April 2014
Brilliant way to learn numbers and colour matching the children enjoyed the matching of the colours and thinking about the numbers. Brilliant vitem
on 9 November 2014
Very educational, bright and colourful, easy to use, great for 3 years and up, good learning game my son who is three and I love it.

See one answered question