- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne (1 April 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0072230789
- ISBN-13: 978-0072230789
- Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 2.1 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,569,242 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Oracle Database 10g: A Beginner's Guide (Oracle Press) Paperback – 1 Apr 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, and more.
Two new Oracle instruction and resource titles from Osborne/McGraw-Hill are indispensable additions to personal and professional reference collections. Oracle Database 10g: A Beginner's Guide (0072230789; 416 pages; $39.99) is the collective effort of Oracle experts Ian Abramson, Michael Abbey and Michael Corey. Oracle Database 10g provides neophytes with the fundamental concepts of Oracle Database 10g administration and programming. Through self-paced tutorials, readers will learn about database essentials, the role of the administrator, and large database features. Oracle Database 10g includes an in-depth introduction to SQL, PL/SQL, Java, and XML programming. Bookwatch 20041001
From the Back Cover
All New Content
Get a Solid Foundation in Oracle Database Technology
Learn the fundamental concepts of Oracle Database 10g administration and programming from this step-by-step beginner’s guide. Through self-paced tutorials, learn about database essentials, the role of the administrator, and large database features. You’ll also get an in-depth introduction to SQL, PL/SQL, Java, and XML programming. Get on your way to becoming an expert Oracle DBA, developer, or user by following the proven learning method of this Oracle Press guide:
- Core Concepts--Each concept is divided into logically organized chapters, ideal for self-paced learning
- Critical Skills--Every chapter opens with the specific skills covered in the chapter
- Projects--Practical exercises show how to apply the critical skills learned in each chapter
- Progress Checks--Quick self-assessment sections check your progress
- Ask the Experts--Q&A sections throughout are filled with bonus information and helpful tips
- Mastery Checks--End-of-chapter reviews test knowledge using short-answer, multiple-choice, and fill-in-the-blank questions
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Not worth the money; the authors and the publisher should be ashamed of themselves.
I found myself getting increasingly irritated by a number of aspects even before I finished the first chapter. For example, one seemingly minor thing that kept irritating me was the repeated reference to "Oracle Database 10g" instead of simply "Oracle", as if the point being made as specific to that particular version?