From the Back Cover
Maximize the New and Improved Management Capabilities
Install, configure, and administer Oracle Application Server 10g and take full advantage of its flexible architecture. This exclusive Oracle Press book explains how to manage business applications, portals, and Web sites in the grid computing environment. You’ll learn how to use all the administration features to their full potential, streamline management, improve resource utilization, and deliver higher functionality in the enterprise.
- Configure and manage the Oracle Application Server 10g infrastructure
- Administer and maintain the Oracle HTTP Server (OHS)
- Minimize the transmission of redundant data using the Oracle Application Server 10g Web Cache
- Configure the server to support Java and J2EE applications
- Handle backup and recovery
- Manage Oracle Container for Java (OC4J) with Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Connect applications to the database using JDBC, TopLink, and Entity Enterprise JavaBeans
- Take advantage of the built-in high availability features
- Monitor, tune, and load balance the server
- Implement security measures in all server components
About the Author
Don Burleson (Kittrell, NC) has 20 years of full-time experience as a database administrator and has written 12 books on database. Don is also the Editor-in-Chief of Oracle Internals, a popular Oracle journal, and he has published more than 100 articles in national database magazines. A former adjunct professor of Information Systems, Don has taught more than 100 University courses and regularly conducts in-house Oracle training. John Garmany, Jr. (Golden, CO) is a graduate of West Point and a retired Lt. Colonel with 20+ years of IT experience. John is an expert in Oracle and Java technologies and is OCP Certified. He has contributed numerous articles to international Oracle periodicals and has exceptional teaching skills, and has a Master Degree in Information Systems, a Graduate Certificate in Software Engineering, and a BS degree in electrical engineering from the United States Military Academy at West Point.