on 10 December 2014
It was difficult to choose a projector mount on here as reviews are varied. In the end I went for this Optoma as, surely it must fit my projector which is of the same make!
This truly is a universal mount and comes with a range of fitting screws on a belt and clear instructions to fit various machines. None of which are any good for the Optoma projector. So put all that to one side and open the small bag which contains the thinner screws suitable for your machine. A choice of 2 lengths are provided and the secret code is that the short arms, also in the bag are the ones required. Remove the long arms that are attached to the mount when out of the box. I found it easier to attach the small arms to the projector and then work out which slots on the mount they line up with. Don't forget to figure out which way your ceiling joists run. Across the projector or from front to back as no rotation adjustment is possible once fitted. Once you have sorted all that out its a very nice piece of hardware. A quick release mechanism would be good but I don't think that is available on any projector mount as far as I could work out.
on 15 January 2014
I bought this to mount my Optoma HDX131Xe, which has three mounting holes in a triangle (which is smaller than the circular base on the unit). I struggled for many days trying to make it fit out of the box, and only after a question left on Optoma's own website as to what mount *would* fit the HDX131Xe did I discover that this will in fact fit. You have to take off all the long arms and put on a small arm instead. Once I had this info, the mount took about 10 minutes to install. I bought this because it had the Optoma name on it and figured it would fit my projector, but It would be good if Optoma included some diagrams on how to fit their projectors to this mount... as even though it is "universal" every projector is different it seems.

Anyway, it is up, and hasn't fallen down yet. So that's good.
on 28 February 2015
Fairly easy to fit and the hole in the mount is useful for bringing cables down.
on 22 July 2015
Great product, easy to install and lot's of adjustment. ****
on 12 November 2015
You have to get the hang of it, first, I used this for an Optoma HD26. I took the long arms off and replaced them with the extensions (or short arms).
Works fine.
on 23 October 2015
After much research, this is a perfect bracket for those who have an optoma projector.

Many thanks
on 21 August 2015
Great build quality, fantastic mount
on 24 November 2014
Useless if you have an optima hd25, 25e or 25-lv. You cannot line it up with the holes without overlapping. It seems to be designed for Projectors with 4 hole mounts, not three like the 25