4.5 out of 5 stars2,854
Flavour: French Vanilla Crème|Size: 908 g|Change
Price:£17.00+ £3.99 shipping

on 18 March 2016
Great protein - good all rounder for shake and making protein waffles

To make quick protein waffles I use --
(1) SMALL BANANA
(1) LARGE EGG
(2) SCOOPS OF OATS
(1) SCOOP OF PROTEIN

Mash up the small banana in a small bowel
Blend the oats to a fine grain and add to the bowel with the banana
Add the egg and protein powder
Mix altogether to create the batter

pour the mixture in the waffle maker and cook for 4 mins

remove and enjoy with a tad of pure honey
review image
on 3 August 2014
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because not only was it the number #1 selling protein powder on Amazon but I had heard a lot of good things about the product. I wanted to see for myself if it lived up to all the hype.

Ingredients and Nutritional Profile:
Refer to product image and description.

Taste:
When I first tried the product by adding 1 scoop (30.4g) of powder into 350ml of water, I found that it did not taste as nice as I expected. It tasted slightly artificial and watery. However I found that I got to like the taste a lot more as time went by and I did not get sick of it by the end like I did with many other protein powders. If you want to enhance the taste of this product and make it less watery I recommend having it with semi skimmed milk or full fat milk.

Mixing:
I found that the product mixes really well in water, milk, porridge and smoothies. I have not come across a product that mixes any better.

Results:
After taking the product for 2 months, 3 times a day, whilst weight training 4 times a week and doing cardio 3 times a week I found that my strength and muscle growth had improvement, I had more energy and I was getting more toned. It was mostly evident around my arms and chest where my T-Shirt got tighter. I could lift 5-10% more and I felt a lot stronger even when I wasn't in the gym. It is now the only Whey Protein powder that I am willing to use.

When to take:
I had 1 scoop for breakfast, Pre training and post training mixed with Dextrose. Having Dextrose at the same time drives the amino acids into the muscles much quicker. If I don't fancy a shake first thing in the morning then I will mix 1 scoop with my porridge or smoothie.
Although all the different flavours taste the same in terms of standard, the chocolate / mint based flavours go better on their own, with dextrose or mixed in porridge whilst the fruity flavours go better either on their own, with Dextrose or with smoothies. All the flavours taste reasonably nice but they will never win any awards for best tasting protein shakes.

Other Whey Products:
Although there are more Whey protein powders out there that taste better, I do not believe that any can match this for results vs price and it's easy to see why the product is so popular with Body Builders and Athletes. The product can also be used by anyone that does not do exercise (male or female) but want to increase their protein intake.

Negatives:
The only negative that I could identify was that the product contains Sucralose which is not the healthiest sweetener around, however you will find that most protein powders have this type of sweetener in them.

Verdict:
Highly Recommended

'Feedback - If you found any aspects of this review useful and you would like to leave feedback - please follow the link below - thanks'.
on 11 June 2016
I have been taking this protein since 4 days ago. I bought with standard delivery on a Sunday afternoon and was surprised to get it by Monday at 9 o' clock. I got the Double Rich Chocolate flavour and tried it with water on Tuesday. It wasn't bad but the flavour wasn't really something I appreciated, water with chocolate. I made a new shake Wednesday with milk and wowwww!!! It tastes better than milk with chocolate I wish I could drink it all day long!!

I bought 450g to try it (through my wife's account) and I'm now definitely going to buy it again. I advise people to either take 1 or 2 scoops a day if they're cutting like me. It will give you an extra 25 or 50g of protein that will retain muscle easier. But if you want to be bulking you might need to take more. Still a great alternative to food as it tastes amazingly good, and takes no effort at all to do. It mixes in like 1 minute!

Great product, once you go ON you never go back!!!
on 6 February 2016
Order product came all boxed up well but upon opening the item found that the internal seal on top was broken and powder was leaking out. This is unacceptable for a product such as this.
on 7 January 2016
Purchased from Amazon, the product that I received had all the hallmarks of being a fake, including an incorrect QR code, no seal of authenticity and it dissolves in water very easily, not behaving at all like whey protein should.
on 20 April 2016
Good product, tastes fantastic with milk, not as good with water but still not a bad taste. Has an excellent nutritional make up as it contains a large amount of protein and bcaa's per scoop meaning it is good value for money. Mixability is not a problem as the powder mixes well with both water and milk. Another positive is that this product doesn't have a bad smell when in the container or in the shaker unlike other brands. Overall, this is a very good product compared to others on the market and i would recommend it to a friend.
on 2 February 2015
This is an excellent product, however I’m not sure about the seller.
This product came with the internal seal broken.
review image review image
77 comments|152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 May 2016
Although this product was really nice (Vanilla), I personally would avoid the "Cookies and Cream" flavour, it was sickening (i am a sweet toothed person) and was only drinkable while very diluted, I am finding it hard to finish the 908g i ordered unless it is in a cup of tea, which still tastes weird.
The product is just whey protein so don't take it if you aren't doing extra exercise to use the protein, it won't magically make you stronger. It is just protein without the need for all the calories that meat and other high protein food has.
With the protein I am finding a difference in my weight lifting, being able to not only lift more, but take less time in between my reps so it does work. If you have it with milk you do have to account for the extra calories.
There is no residue if shaken properly, not with a spoon, with a proper shaker. Even if left for 5-10 minutes in the liquid without being shaken, after shaking there is no residue in my experience.
on 7 May 2016
Perfect but i would recommend to avoid extreme milk chocolate if you dont like sweet things. Mixes very well so you dont really need use a blender as you get the same result in a shaker.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 31 July 2015
Hi all,

After reading all the reviews I know 100% that I had a fake version, just to double check - if you look at the images on the main page it doesn't contain the authenticity hologram next to true strength. Is this correct?

I have reasons to believe that this protein powder was fake - not original. This has nothing to do with the actual official Optimum Nutrition powder - which in itself is really good.

Here are my findings on the 908gr. I also have the bigger version which tastes different and has the seal on the package.

What I found out:
1. The inside seal was loose - which prevents moist.
2. Scoop is golden whereas Optimum Nutrition uses a translucent scoop
3. The QR code takes you to a Youtube page - whereas it should take you to a an official product description page
4. Taste was different from before
5. Missing Authentic seal from Optimum Nutrition.
6. Nutrition facts are incorrect - it should be 24 grams of protein it is only 23.9 grams - which seems like a minor thing but don't know if this is correct.
8. The scoop is 3 grams lighter than the official optimum nutrition scoop. Each scoop contains 30gr of protein powder where it should be 33 grams.

I have bought another one from Amazon(biggest one) and this new one is fine. But it took me roughly 2 hours of researching on figuring out whether or not it was fake. Unfortunately, I found out after consuming the whole jar - so not sure what the consequences are for my health. I do feel stronger now with the new version than with the old one. So if anyone knows, please shout.

Update:

Bought another version on the 8th of november. Fake again, sold and dispatched by Amazon.
33 comments|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse