Size: 180 Caps|Change

on 31 October 2014
Reason for taking ZMA: to replenish magnesium and zinc levels after my high-intensity training sessions.

Did it help me get to sleep faster: No
Did it improve my sleep quality: Yes
Were my dreams more vivid: Yes
Did it give me nightmares: No
Did I feel refreshed in the morning: Yes, but I didn't oversleep

Confounding factors:
I took ZMA right before bedtime, and after doing post-exercise yoga i.e., I was not tense when I went to bed.
Had I not done yoga, I may have had nightmares, which for me, often occur during the nights when I go to bed with muscular tension.

I do not take this supplement every night, so I've no idea whether the pharmacological effects of ZMA diminish with constant use. I am using ZMA only after high-intensity training sessions!
on 2 January 2013
About a year ago I started learning a lot about natural testosterone boosters. ZMA kept popping up during my research as being a natural and affordable option for supporting and optimizing test levels, as well as aiding in muscle recovery.

The first thing I noticed when taking this product was an increase in the quality and deepness of my sleep. Since rest is a critical aspect of repairing and building muscle tissue, I chalked this up as a positive. As far as raising test levels, I will also rate this highly although keep in mind I was stacking this with another testosterone boosting supplement -Tribulus Terrestris 90% Bulk Powder 25 Grams + FREE Primaforce D-Aspartic Acid 100 Grams. I cycled them for 10 weeks and literally experienced the best gains of my lifting career.

If you train intense, you have to take ZMA before bed. It makes you sleep much deeper, helps you produce more testosterone, and wake up fresher and more recovered. The zinc asparate is easily absorbed. Word of advice: don't mix or take with calcium because it blocks zinc absorption. Yes that means milk in your protein shake essentially will not be as beneficial for your testosterone as no milk with your protein.
11 comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2015
If I could only take one supplement for the rest of time, I think it would be this simply because I love sleeping. I was already skilled at sleeping, but this takes it to the next level.
on 30 September 2015
Helps me sleep like a baby. I sleep less and have a better quality of sleep. I don't use this product consistently. I only use this product when I go really hard at the gym. Even then its a few nights on and a few nights off.
on 27 November 2014
ZMA - what more can you say.

(Oh, that rhymes).
on 17 June 2016
So this product is definitely legit. However as others have spoken about how it puts you in a deep sleep where you can remember your dream clearly. This isn't the case. Well, not all the time at least. It says to take it on an empty stomach before bed. I did so and actually didn't have much of a deep sleep at all. However I eventually couldn't be bothered to starve myself before bed so I began eating and also taking the ZMA. This is where I began having deeper sleeps and being able to remember dreams clearly, but not entirely clear. It just goes to show how different products effect people in different ways.
on 27 March 2014
Puts you in a deep sleep, and you get less DOMS. It helps also if you don't have much time after work and want to stay up late (and I mean 11pm) and then have to get up at 6am, you get a better quality sleep and get knocked out quicker rather than lying there.
on 5 March 2016
I've been using deluxe nutrition for over a year with no issues at all. Fantastic nights sleep guaranteed. However thought it might be an idea to switch and see the effects. Chose Optimum ZMA and after a week of sleepless nights have given up. Switched back to Deluxe Nurtrition and back sleep immediately. It appears there is significantly more B6 in Deluxe and it shows. The one star is for delivery and packaging. Apologies but they don't work for me.
on 1 August 2014
This was my first order with this seller and I've been impressed with their delivery time. I ordered them on the Thursday night and they were with me on the Monday morning (a bank holiday!). The tablets are good. I've been taking them for several years now. 2 a night is the best dose for me, 3 can often give me a headache after too deep a sleep. Taken in combination with glutamine is good.
on 13 February 2016
I've taken a lot of different supplements and 'natural' remedies claiming they could help with my sleep but this is the one that did it. Noticeable effects within the first couple of days