Flavour: Chocolate Peanut Butter|Size: 2 LBS|Change
Price:£44.40+ Free shipping

Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because not only was it the number #1 selling casein protein powder on Amazon but I had heard a lot of good things about the product. I wanted to see for myself if it lived up to all the hype.

Refer to product image and description.

Taste:
When I first tried the product by adding 1 scoop of powder into 350ml of water and mixed it with a spoon I found it to be very thick and creamy, a bit like yogurt. I found that it did not taste as nice as I expected. It tasted slightly artificial. However I found that I got to like the taste a lot more as time went by and I did not get sick of it by the end like I did with many other protein powders. If you want to enhance the taste of this product then I recommend having it with semi skimmed milk or full fat milk.

Note: This type of protein (casein) is a lot different from other powders in that it is meant to be very thick. It is a slow release protein that is designed to be taken between meals and before going to bed.

Mixing:
I found that the product mixes really well in water, milk, porridge and smoothies. I have not come across a casein product that mixes any better. It's mixed better in a pint glass than a shaker.

Results:
After taking the product for 2 months, twice a day (between meals and pre bedtime) whilst weight training 4 times a week and doing cardio 3 times a week I found that my strength and muscle growth had improvement, I had more energy and I was getting more toned. It was mostly evident around my arms and chest where my T-Shirt got tighter. I could lift 5-10% more and I felt a lot stronger even when I wasn't in the gym. It is now the only Casein Protein powder that I am willing to use. I also took 1 scoop of the Gold Standard 100% Whey Pre and Post workout and for breakfast.

Flavours:
Although all the different flavours taste the same in terms of standard, I found that the cake batter, chocolate, chocolate supreme, cookies and cream, chocolate peanut butter goes better on its own, mixed with milk or in porridge. The Strawberry, Banana and Creamy Vanilla tastes better either on its own, with milk or in smoothies. All the flavours taste reasonably nice but they will never win any awards for best tasting protein shakes.

Other Casein Products:
Although there are other Casein protein powders out there that taste better, I do not believe that any can match this for results vs price and it's easy to see why the product is so popular with Body Builders and Athletes. The product can also be used by anyone that does not do exercise (male or female) but want to increase their protein intake.

Negatives:
Apart from the thickness, the only negative that I could identify was that the product contains Sucralose which is not the healthiest sweetener around, however you will find that most protein powders have this type of sweetener in them.

Verdict:
Highly Recommended

Negatives:

Verdict:
Highly Recommended
on 31 March 2015
nice flavour, mixed very well and was very thick, only downside is it didnt come with the fresh seal... im not sure if that is due to it being an american product or if possibly it had already been opened before it arrived.

Negatives:

Verdict:
Highly Recommended
on 17 March 2013
Optimum nutrition continue to provide quality, reliable & great-tasting supplementation under it's "Gold Standard" label for those looking to build muscle, aid recovery & achieve their fitness goals.
on 18 November 2014
more chocolate than peanut butter but still good. Arrived in a few days, mixes really well and no funny after-taste.
on 14 February 2015
All casein is tough to mix with anything, use a blender and that will work. Nice flavour, feeling the results.
on 30 July 2013
I am a peanut butter lover and this is the best flavour of the Casein I've come so far. Very tasty indeed!
on 24 April 2014
this protein is great .. the taste is unique ... order on time, everything was as it should and was told
on 27 September 2014
High quality and tastes great

See one answered question