- Boxed-product Weight: 839 g
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
- Manufacturer reference: OPT-500-1000-MIR-EOS-G
- ASIN: B001NMUZXQ
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 1 Feb. 2008
- Average Customer Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (30 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 51,371 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Opteka 500-1000mm High Definition Mirror Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS 1D, 5D, 6D, 7D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 100D, 300D, 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 700D, 1000D, 1100D & 1200D Digital SLR Cameras
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- f/8-16. High-index / low-dispersion optical glass, Fully multi-coated, every element, Anti-reflection coating
- Designed to maximize day and night shots by providing maximum light and image transmission with minimum distortion, Fantastic for all types of photographic situations
- Great for the wildlife or nature photographer who wants to be hidden while taking photos of the subject
- 500mm Mirror Lens, 2x Multiplier, Carrying bag, and lens caps included!
- Includes Lens Adapter & 10 Year Worldwide Warranty
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Opteka 500mm mirror lens is incredibly compact and lightweight (Opteka 500mm with 2X Multiplier). Using an advanced reflex design, this is a mirror lens that is ideally suited for wildlife and sports photography. It has a fixed aperture of f8. It come
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is relatively (and I use the term advisedly) easy to focus the lens manually, using either the viewfinder or the camera screen, although good eyesight and considerable patience are a significant bonus. However, taking a clear picture is still incredibly difficult.Read more ›
Is the lens as good as a Canon L series? No, but you can have at least ten of them for the price of an L. At this price point, the lens is an absolute bargain, and you should have one in your bag.
A great buy!
Right - the good: Yes, it does give you a 1000mm tele and it's cheap. It's compact, light and feels reasonably solid and well made...but that's about it. I can't really say anything good about the image quality or usability.
Bad - the depth of focus of this lens is INCREDIBLY tight and the focus adjustment is manual and VERY sensitive making getting well focused shots frustrating and more luck than anything. There's more distorsion of various types than you can shake a stick at although non of it is absolutely awful. The way out of focus elements look due to the nature of the reflector looks "odd" compared to what one is used to.
All in all, if you absolutely have to use a long lens and you can spare the time to keep messing with the focus until you hit a sweet spot then you CAN get a little more information in your photos than a shot taken at about 250mm and magnified digitally 4x...but not by much. With a lot of effort, I managed a semi acceptable sized shot of the moon, but frankly, don't expect to be using this lens as more than a gimmick from time to time.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good fun and excellent value. But the 1000mm bit (using the teleconverter) really is pushing the limits of what the camera can get to - especially wrt focus and light-capture.Published 1 month ago by Richard J. Neill
I have tried, and tried, to get a sharp photo of the subjects to took. Unfortunately the image is "soft" however no matter how l took the photo ie:- with tripod too, the... Read morePublished 20 months ago by geoffrey spence
Have used this lens many times for nature & photographing a full moon.The results have been acceptable for this lensPublished 22 months ago by John McCabe
It was cheap and i thought i'd give it a try. Will not talk to the camera so your flying on manual. You lose a lot of light coming into the sensor and images are not pin sharp. Read morePublished on 3 Nov. 2013 by Paul Norton
It seems to be a very temperamental lens. I'm using it with a Canon 600, and am having great difficulty getting it to focus satisfactorilyPublished on 19 Sept. 2013 by D. Radlett
I fin d it handy to have cant wait to get out and use it as of yet due to illness I haven't had chance yet, but when I do I will be out there snapping photos. ty again.Published on 12 Aug. 2013 by lindarendell