How does an organisation . . .
- create and deliver products at lower cost and with higher revenue?
- meet the challenges posed by changes in customer preferences, internet-based technologies and global supply networks?
- promote creativity, manage knowledge and innovation, and encourage social responsibility in finding solutions to those challenges?
The answer is through effective operations management. Managing operations is important, exciting and challenging, and its central to successful organisational performance.
In this market-leading text, Slack, Chambers and Johnston bring to life their comprehensive, practical and strategic view of operations management with over 100 contemporary and international examples of operations in practice, as well as providing critical commentaries on areas of academic contention and professional debate.
Tracking the latest developments in the field, the fifth edition of Operations Management examines issues such as:
- Supply-chain planning that enables the fast fashion Zara, H&M and Benetton
- How information technology helped the city of New Orleans in recovering from Hurricane Katrina
- The outsourcing of laptop manufacturing by Apple, Dell and Sony
- The greening of operations in Hewlett Packards recycling programme