Size: Large 34"-36" Waist|Change

on 23 April 2015
I am currently training to do a 1000 mile bike ride over 14 days and became very sore training wearing a pair of old padded cycle shorts after doing 69 miles, I looked at many reviews on the OpenRoad Gel Padded shorts and ordered a pair to see if they made any difference. I have done approximately 450 miles of training with these and have had no problems at all, I completed an 81 mile ride last weekend with no soreness, I ordered another pair last week as they were so good and like the first they were delivered very quickly.
I have used the shorts now for over 4 weeks washing them every day, the gel padding has not deformed or deteriorated in any way and when matching the new shorts with the ones that have been washed and traveled so many miles I could not tell them apart.
I was looking at spending a lot of money on shorts and was concerned at how cheap these were and although I have not tried the more expensive '5 times the cost' shorts these are fantastic.
I have a 36" waste and 6'2" tall, I ordered the XL and the fit is perfect, the quality of the stitching and materials used are superb and therefore I would have no hesitation on recommending these to anybody.
on 4 July 2013
For the money you can't beat them. The sizing is a little tight as previous reviews have stated, but if you are a 32" then they are fine but if you're a 34" then go for the bigger size.
The padding is great and very comfortable.
on 1 April 2014
I wore these recently on an 83 mile, 9000 ft of climbing bike ride, and they were really comfortable. and good value too. For anyone planning a big long distance event as i am personal comfort around those important areas will be essential...i think these will do the job.
VINE VOICEon 28 December 2012
The padding is quite big, so I feel like I am walking around with a nappy on. On the plus, my derrière is extremely well catered for when on the bike..
on 11 May 2013
These were a good fit and very comfortable. The gel padding is really good and I won't be going back to foam padding :-)
on 28 February 2013
Ideal for the cycling. Gel padding makes for a more comfortable cycle. Would definitely recommend this purchase to the cycling fraternity.
on 13 October 2015
I read lots of reviews on cycling shorts and these OpenRoad shorts in particular. Overall they are reasonable value product , after 100 + miles and a few washes the material and padding are as good as new.
Comfortable to wear (in terms of padding) these shorts felt pretty good in my first couple of rides.......However, there is a flaw in their design - at least for me and my fit. Unfortunately the inner seam (where the padding meets the shorts leg) is quite proud of the adjoining material and unfortunately sits exactly at the inner point of my thigh and crotch - ouch!
After a thirty mile ride I was in quite a lot of discomfort, so only 3 stars from me.
A real shame as I was hoping for more but maybe it's just my physique and the cut of this product.
on 27 June 2013
These shorts are extremely comfortable. I did a workout of about 4 hours and did not feel any discomfort the backside. The gel padding is quite effective
on 2 October 2012
These shorts are very well padded which is the most important thing. The material is very sheer though and feels like a 'second skin' almost. I've worn them for approximately fifty or sixty miles with the longest run being around 20 and so far have had no problems.
on 5 October 2014
Definitely go one size up with these. They sit very, very low on the waist, and the seam around the thigh is incredibly tight. That said, I've just finished a 50m ride, and the padding was really good.