• One-X

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 July 2006
Having accidentally come across the first Three Days Grace CD whilst looking for 3 Doors Down i was not disappointed as it was laden with good heavy riffs courtesy of a drop d tuning and great vocals without the screaming!! One-X continues this theme and shows they have lyrically progressed and can still write some great songs - there isnt a bad track on this CD. If you like Creed, Alter Bridge, Die Trying then you will love Three Days Grace - Buy this CD you wont be disappointed!!
on 19 June 2006
Its been three years or so since the release of 3DG self titled debut album. Thankfully its three years well spent, this is a perfect album there isnt a song on here that I dont like. Animal I have become has been doing the rounds for a few months and offers just a taste of what this album has to offer.

3DG have noticeably gotten substantially better in all aspects of their music, the allways powerful vocals seem refined and honed somewhat in relation to "Three Days Grace" and I believe theres more depth in One X.

Stand out tracks: It's all over, Animal I have become, Never too late, Let it die, Gone forever.

Stick in your cars Cd player and turn up the volume. Perfect for a party, BBQ or just in the background while you type its review.

Awesome album, Buy it now, dont hesitate to get it.
on 24 September 2013
Brilliant album, second one from Three Days Grace and second which i have bought. More mature sound than first album, and more emotive. Animal I Have Become is fantastic, as is Riot. Never Too Late is really heartbreaking and shows both the vocal and sing writing talent of Adam Gontier. Love this album.
on 23 October 2007
ok so this album is sooooo annoying because its so painfully perfect!
there is nothing new or different about this album but it is so damm good.
the songs are so simple and so effective. they set up home in your head for days...no wait a minute make that weeks!!!!
the songs are very much in the hard rock and grunge vein, but what separates this band out form the rest of the crowd is the phenominal voice of the singer...the man manages to imbue his lyrics with such feeling and emotion its hard not to be swept away by the whole song.
its not to say that they dont have some heads down rock songs...wintess animal i have become or the ripping riot.
but for me this lot are at their best being slower and more reflective on songs such as the slow burner get out alive and never too late.
but my personal fave has got to be the mighty gone forever that slowly builds to a monster chorus that will stick with you till the day you die.
the only way to avoid this lot is to ignore them completely because if you do let just the one song pass your ears you will have to get the rest.
dont say you havent been warned!!
on 19 November 2015
It all started when one of the music track was playing for a wrestling PPV and it was 'Animal I have become.' I absolutely loved that track and wanted to know who this band was. Now, I have listened to the whole album, I am likely their lyrics and music throughout.
on 22 August 2008
This is honestly the one of the best albums I have ever purchased, and believe me I have many. Although I am a fan of genres such as Alt rock/soft rock, very few songs have actually been meaningful to me, in the sense that they have not touched my soul or left a huge impression on me. But every one of the songs in this album has meaning, and so many emotions conveyed through well thought-out lyrics. A raw, confessional album, One-X finds frontman Adam Gontier delving into a sense of utter loneliness that ironically comes from being constantly surrounded by other people. From listening to this album we can see that One-X is simultaneously the story of Gontier's personal destruction on the road, and a universal tale of feeling like an outsider.
on 16 June 2009
I stumbled upon this band by chance, I had heard one of their early songs which I quite liked and bought it, then moved house, when I finally got round to unpacking my CD's I found it again and so listened to it, I went looking for their first album but could only find this so I bought it.

Money well spent, this is a fantastic album, excellent from the very first track all the way through to the last, not a bad track, and with some great stand out tracks which are simply brilliant. You will not regret buying this, crank it up and enjoy 3DG brilliant album.
on 7 December 2015
I've been quite impressed by this band over the years and finally decided to shell out and buy the full album. It offers some great riffs, catchy lyrics and the singers voice is very unique. It's not super-heavy but its heavier than a lot of pop-punk. You can get into this album straight away and so it's definately good to listen to when I have mainstream people in my car and i don't want to scare them with death growls. The singer has a raspy voice but its not screaming or growling. A very cool album.
on 21 October 2013
Ordered this for my son for Christmas and it arrived very quickly. He was very pleased with it and would recommend it the fans.
on 19 January 2014
ok so i am not a huge three days grace fan but this is a awesome album it maintains a level of intensity throughout it i love the album i am just not sure i could listen to it all the time far too depressing the album catches my attention from the first right through to the very last song there is no filler within 500 miles of this album and if you are into this style of music this album is absolutely essential to your collection