TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 September 2011
Subscribers to One Story will get a short story delivered to their Kindle every month. Each issue also contains an interview and a short biography of the author.

I have enjoyed all the stories and this magazine is an affordable way to discover new writing. So far all the stories have been by American authors (I think) as the magazine is published in the States.

The last five issues are summarized below:

Tiger by Nalini Jones
India-set story about a Catholic family with a passive-aggressive mother at the centre.

Water Party by Kristi Reilly
Story about an American NGO worker in Ethiopia.

Joy of Cooking by Elissa Schappell
A phone call between a mother and her anorexic daughter about how to cook a chicken.

Horse and Rider thrown into the Sea by James Zwerneman
Grenada-set story about a mother raising her son.

Who Cycles into our Valley by Benjamin Solomon
A father and son cycle on a tandem through Spanish countryside both lost in their own thoughts.
on 15 May 2011
Every month I'm excited to get a new short story. I've had a subscription for 5 months now. Always different and always good.
on 14 May 2012
A review I wrote for another book was wrongly attributed to this book. I have deleted text, please ignore my 5 stars, I have not read this book. Apologies.