Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.00

on 13 December 2012
I really enjoyed this but it was very short. It was literally a walk through a day that to the author was perfect. it was simple and about nature and how it enriched his life and thinking. I am very big on thinking and being in the moment with yourself. I think the value in this little piece is in thinking about your own day and looking for the "perfect " in it. Lets be honest what does a perfect day look like and is it truly sustainable for a full day? I would love the luxury of one day giving myself over to writing and thinking and to write my own version. As a coach I often encourage my clients to really look at a day and see if it is all as bad as it seems. I think that sometimes we get into a feeling of overwhelm and this little book reminds us to embrace the simple things in our day. it is well written and full of vibrant description. As I say it was short and ended with me feeling a little cheated but on reflection i felt richer for having read it. So if you like to think and spend time with thinking you will enjoy this short walk with the author who clearly sees the value in nature. I was reminded of Wordsworth, "getting and spending we lay waste our power, the little we see in nature , that is ours. For me this speaks volumes saying that we see nature but we see little in it for us and i think that is true today as it was in the time he lived when all was about going forward into the industrial future. Finally, let this little book guide you back to nature as you walk the city pavements, enjoy the sun or rain on your face and know that we have a short lease on life , lets spend it wisely. All the best to you in your thinking and your journey.
on 17 November 2012
I have to admit I'm disappointed with this little book. It was a pleasant read, but its detail is sparse: "wake up, have dinner with friends, go for a walk, meditate, go to bed." I don't know what I was expecting but this wasn't it. I'm a reasonably easygoing person so the suggestion of going for a walk and watching the sunrise do nothing to inspire me or change my life. I'd certainly hope my perfect day has more than going out for a meal and going for a walk in it.

Ultimately this will probably make you smile, and it is a pleasant escape for maybe fifteen minutes, but it reads more like a single entry in a journal than anything profound. A bit of it even mentions a kingfisher eating a fish, "ending another piscean life - another life fuels another!" like it's some magical thing. Watching something kill and eat another something doesn't really fit into my idea of relaxation.

Honestly you're better off just sitting in your back garden and watching the clouds and the birds, if that's an option, or go on youtube and search for garden meditation, or something. Or walk your dog, or just yourself. You'll save a bit of money and actually feel good.
on 29 March 2014
As I am currently interested in Mindfulness I found this book to be a perfect guided meditation and reading this kept me "Mindful" as I "read" the book and was not distracted at all with any of my usual chatterbox thoughts because of the lovely visual like detail you provided thank you ;)
on 16 November 2012
This "book" is about 6 pages long and consists of get up before dawn, take a shelter dog for a walk, then leave it back again, go for an alcoholic lunch which your friends pay for....and so on. I wish I was joking but I am not. So don't even bother buying this nonsense.
on 10 August 2014
A lovely little pick me up book, from page one makes you open your eyes and think, a short little book though, for a short sharp fix of positivity then give it ago.
on 24 July 2013
I have this on my iPad and it is a lovely read when you need a pick me up in the form of instructions on how to have a better day.